Why No MTAR?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by ScarletPatriot, Aug 29, 2012.

1. ScarletPatriot

ScarletPatriot New Member

Why hasn't ARES or anyone else created an airsoft version of IWI's Micro Tavor? I feel like I remember a pic traveling the interweb a few years back of an MTAR prototype.... Anyone got any inside info?

Attached Files:

2. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Because based on the cost of research, manufacturing, QC, and distribution, it is simply not worth it based on the very little interest in it.

3. ScarletPatriot

I see your point and somewhat agree. However, considering they (ARES and S&T)have put funds and time into researching the full length and carbine versions of the Tavor and both have sent versions to market I would think this would be the next logical step. Not to mention that it is the Micro Tavor that has been chosen as the standard infantry weapon of the all of the IDF not just the commandos.

4. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    You want the honest, horrible truth about why the Tavor has become popular in the mainstream? It was in Call of Duty. The Micro Tavor, on the other hand, was not.

5. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    That's not true! I was a fan of the Tavor before i new it was in call of duty! *pushes up hipster glasses* lol But seriously I've been a fan of IWI for a long time partly because I'm Jewish an love to support Isreal but that's beside the point. I don't see an airsoft MTAR in the near future though because it is not well know and is not as attractive as standard Tavors. It would be a useful gun but the market is not there yet and the S&T CTAR is still "hot of the presses" and is not even a year old

6. ScarletPatriot

I find the MTAR much more attractive than the standard Tavor, and it is much more effective, efficient, and user friendly than the standard Tavors. That is the reason it is being adopted by the IDF. I do agree with the COD reference. Look at most of the guns that have become popular over the last 5-6 years in airsoft, you can track the popularity of guns with their appearance in video games as almost fact. That disturbs me, but it is also how we get our hands on some great and realistic replicas.

7. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Well it is all up to preference on if you think it is attractive or not but we can all agree that for one reason or another the market is not ready for an MTAR...YET. But when it does I'm sure both of use will be all over it. ;)

8. McClovin

McClovin Member

Jacksonville
    (Thread defibrillators activate ! )
    How much would you pay for one if ARES made it ?

9. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville
    Not much. G&G should make it if anyone.

10. Hi-C

Hi-C New Member

Fairfax
    I heard that the ARES version wasn't that good anyways. Couple of wiring problems in the stock primarily.

I read that the EBB S&T Proline version is decent though, but I'm a little skeptical about EBB's since I've heard they wear and tear quite quickly. I know there is one review on the forums about it that seems in-depth.

I wouldn't mind if a non-EBB version of the MTAR was made by a middle line company.

11. covertslayer

covertslayer New Member

Aurora
    The S&T scares me. Plastic gearbox *shudders*

Oh sorry, high-quality polymer.

12. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    What's scary about it it can actually mold to stresses in the shell instead of break like cheap pot metal ones can.

Sent from my XT907 using Airsoft Society mobile app