• GBB M2011 Hi-Capa

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 33.3%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I own the WE Tech M9A1 SOF with Mock Gemtech. It's not a bad replica but it's just not a great one. Out of the box it's not as good as any of the Hicapa or Glock replicas available. Heck, I'd actually rank my H8R above it. Plus, the limited upgrade options don't help. The best use I've got out of it is is as part of my Boondock Saints getup that my brother and I rock for Halloween themed Airsoft events\*.

\* Before y'all start typing please note that I typed "Airsoft events". I'm not bringing my replicas out for regular ol' Halloween.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If we're allowed to declare any airsoft favs outside the "big three", I'm a fan of the TM's HK line: MK23, USP and HK45. I want to like the Sig P320 by ProForce but two buddies have gone through several duds. They all seem to suffer from the same light striking issue.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Maybe TM should wake up that nobody uses Duster Spray gas in Airsoft outside of Japan.
From my observations TM cares very little, if at all, about the airsoft market outside of Japan.

I know that WE gets a bad rap, and that some of it is justified, but I think the product quality has really improved in recent years. I've purchased two WE glocks over the past 3 years, a G17 gen 5 and a KYAirsoft custom G45 (based on the 19) and both have been really rock solid. I've heard that the WE glocks are made in a different factory then their other pistol models but I have not been able to confirm this.

·
Registered
103 Posts
TM pistols are great looking, till the parts break from normal GG and Propane use.
I'm not trying to discount your experiences @Cobra Jockey but I have had a much different experience with my TM hicapas (5.1 and 4.3) and G17. Outside of changing the packing/bucking, I run mine stock on Puff Dino gas (no silicone) and they are still running strong years later. I keep waiting for the Hicapa slides to break so I can replace them, I even have the Limcat slides ready to go, but they've held up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We also own a WE T-Rex Competition, the older generation. Bought it as an impulse purchase cause it was available for a really good price. I've only dialed in the hop and shot targets with it, never played with in a game, but I was presently surprised at how well it performed. I'm not ready to drop my TM hicapa for it but it offers really good value, even at its normal MSRP. It's my son's favorite pistol for sure. He's abandoned his EF glock for it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I hear some rave about EF 1911A1 clones,
These are garbage as well in my experience. Some folks def praise them but every one I've come across is absolutely craptacular. I swear on the Airsoft Tech FB group there is an epic back and forth about this replica at least once a month. The only other topic that sparks as much debate in Airsoft is Novritch.

Did that Gemtech Suppressor that came with it have baffles or foam in it from the factory?
Nope @Cobra Jockey it did not.

What did you end up doing for upgrades?
The only upgrade I did was I installed the Madbull precision barrel kit.

Or is that the reason you kinda "hung up" your SOF and switched to something else for game play?
Pretty much. I still dust it off once in awhile, like I mentioned when I'm cosplaying the Boondock Saints 😅. I do love the way it feels in my hand and it is a sharp replica IMO, but it def doesn't perform as well as my stock TM hicapas or WE glocks. Though this thread certainly has me thinking about revisiting that project...

·
Registered
103 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts