• GBB M2011 Hi-Capa

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 33.3%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Owned a kjw m9 years back, was nicely put together but ended up trading it. Heavy/bulky without the capacity advantage of real steel. Grip angle never quite worked for me either. Weird safety :) Still think they look great, just don't carry or handle as well as an 1911 or g17 imo.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
'Glock ate the lunch m9 stole from Colt' is how I personally see it.

My opinion on grip angles is entirely the opposite: if I am in a situation where I need my secondary the absolute last thing I want is a gun that's inconvenient to 'point-shoot' from unconventional stances. Marksmanship aim breath-control etc is a discussion we can have while the other guy respawns :sneaky:

Bulky would seem appropriate - m92/98 is noted for having the widest grip and the largest grip circumference of the 'big three'. It's noticeable in the hand, especially when gloves are worn.
Photograph Green White Vertebrate Air gun

Office supplies Liquid Cylinder Automotive tire Tire

Train Musical instrument Camera accessory Rolling stock Automotive tire

(source)

Each has it's pros and cons, fanboys and haters - in the end, the best gun is the one you train with.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
9x19 is a NATO round, some EU countries don't allow civilians to have NATO caliber guns so 9x21 was created as a legal work-around. Load is the same, overall length is the same, etc - the cartridge is just 2mm longer and the bullet is seated 2mm deeper.

Ammunition Bullet Gun accessory Cylinder Cone

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Those are the 'big three' when it comes to service pistols, seems a reasonable comparison. M9 has the thickest slide of the three, stats are what they are.

As to how ugly hideous fragile and toy-like glocks are, how much you/others/everyone hates them...
NOTE !! : this is NOT a "Hate Thread" for Brands or Types. Lets be analytical
Anyway, I pref a Walther or more recently a Glock on an aftermarket frame that has a better grip angle - both for real steel and airsoft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts