Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 33.3%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NOTE !! : this is NOT a "Hate Thread" for Brands or Types. Lets be analytical and share.

This is just out of curiosity, WHY is there no Popular Love for the M9A1 or A3 (Military model) in Airsoft Game Play? Other than the 1911 and 1911A1, the Beretta M9 has been the third LONGEST in use Semi Automatic Pistol in the US Military from 1985 STILL to today! And it is the sidearm of many other nations around the world too.

As a Pilot in the USAF amd Reserves, I was issued my first M9A1 in mid 1985, the USAF got them first in small quanitiies for pilots before the Army got theirs universally in late 1986 - mostly in 1987/8, believe it or not, the USAF was still issuing S&W .38Spl revolvers to pilots and MP's (AF Spl Ops, like the PJ's, AF Comando's and Forward Air Support/Scouts had 1911A1's) I still love the Beretta M9 (PT-92), though I have several modified Taurus P-92's for Combat Matches. World-famous Combat shooter Massad Ayoob of Wilson Combat guns, still prefers the M9/PT92 over the 1911A1 and clones.

I have two M9A3 (Navy Spl Ops models) WE Tech's, one nearly 4 years old and a 1 year old one, and a SRC made B&W "Poseidon Custom" (Poseidon barrel, bucking and nozzle). Never had any real problems and no breakage yet after 10's of thousands of BB's (knock on wood). The M9's had double-stack Hi-Capacity mags before the "Hi-Capa" "1911/2011" GBB! M9 "Hi-capa's First" carry 26+1 rounds, 2011's 30 rds. Big Deal.

So here is the problem, with the maddening "fashion" for the 2011 Hi-capa's, there doesn't seem to be any supply of "Upgrades" for the M9's. Unless you know of something I haven't found, SO PLEASE SHARE!

Keep in mind, the recent trend for mildly to radically "cut away" metal slides on 1911's and 2011's for lower moving mass was STARTED by the PT92/ M9 (and it's grandfather the Walther P-38

Oh, BTW .... I do also have 2 M2011 5.1 Hi-Capa's and 2 SIG Sauer SP2022's. But I prefer the M9's for Airsoft Games.

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
@
I own the WE Tech M9A1 SOF with Mock Gemtech.

Plus, the limited upgrade options don't help. The best use I've got out of it is is as part of my Boondock Saints getup that my brother and I rock for Halloween themed Airsof
What you bought is pretty much what I moded my WE M9A3 to be like your SOF. Mine did not come with a functional suppressor, I built mine. I had intended to build up an all black one, but I got a sensational deal on that 'SEALS DE' color model, it's also the WE full-auto model. It goes thru the 26+ BB's in like 2-1/2seconds. It is exactly as our USAF Spl Ops operators had (PJ's, SO Fwd Air Ctrl, SO Recon, AF Commando's etc) and still do far as I know. As Helo pilots, weren't issued the silencers, tho we 'somehow' got them anyways.

That "limited upgrade options" availability is the problem, and it's the circular reason I think, that keeps the M9 or M92 or PB92 model from being pop trendy in Airsoft. No glam upgrades feeds the lower popularity, and low popularity feeds the lack of upgrades.

If I had the bucks, I'd design or spec some functional upgrades and find some factories in Taiwan to make them, and then import and dustrib them. I'd start with a cast Aluminum slide (I doubt CNC is cheaper) to replace the Zinc 'pot metal' stocker. A M9/ 92FS already has a lower moving mass slide, compared to a std 1911 or "2011", because of the way Beretta designed the P-92 slide, er copied the design of the Walter P-38 from the 1930's.

The M9 /92 already had a Hi-cap magazine before the 2011 Hi-capa's. There already are better than stock Nozzles and pistols for the M9 and so on. I just ordered some from 6mm.com in HK.

WE Tech seems the be the king of the Airsoft M9 models, maybe I need to ask my brother-in-law to go talk to their market dept, he lives near Taipei.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Owned a kjw m9 years back, was nicely put together but ended up trading it. Heavy/bulky without the capacity advantage of real steel. Grip angle never quite worked for me either. Weird safety :) Still think they look great, just don't carry or handle as well as an 1911 or g17 imo.
Heavy is better for handling recoil, I realize it's only Airsoft, thinking a real M9/92, but dont agree on bulky. Length of both M9 and M2011 pistol, and the width of the slide is the near same as a 1911/ "2011", and grip is the same thickness as a double stack 2011. The grip angle of the 1911A1 was and still is problematic, it was designed by Colt with the arched trigger spring housing to be shot for the hip, chest and sort of eye levels, not necessarily aimed with the shooters eye. The Browning Hi-power, P38, Beretta 92 and other Euro pistol were all designed to aimed from eye level and hence have that grip angle and shape. I believe nearly all Airsofters shoot that way because 'hits are what count.

I totally agree on the safety location, the Walther P38 and Beretta P92 as well as some other Euro pistols,h for some stupid reason have them on the slide, which also increases the moving mass. It's the reason my PPC and Run n Gun combat match pistols are Taurus PT 92's and not Beretta's, the safety is where it belongs on the Frame like an1911.

To me the grip angle and shape of Glocks is totally hosed, I hate them. I live in San Diego and regularly shoot matches at Camp Pendleton and Coronado Naval. The SOCOM Operators I met and know hated the Glocks and are so happy with their SIGs.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
'Glock ate the lunch m9 stole from Colt' is how I personally see it.

My opinion on grip angles is entirely the opposite: if I am in a situation where I need my secondary the absolute last thing I want is a gun that's inconvenient to 'point-shoot' from unconventional stances. Marksmanship aim breath-control etc is a discussion we can have while the other guy respawns :sneaky:

Bulky would seem appropriate - m92/98 is noted for having the widest grip and the largest grip circumference of the 'big three'. It's noticeable in the hand, especially when gloves are worn.
View attachment 279948
View attachment 279946
View attachment 279947
(source)

Each has it's pros and cons, fanboys and haters - in the end, the best gun is the one you train with.
But see there is a major flaw in your comparison, you are using a std 1911A1 to two wide magazine pistols! I know you're showing real firearms there and we 're talking Airsoft.

Anyways, look at the three pistols you're comparing for grip angles, therefore dictating holding position. The 1911A1 and airsoft's "2011" have the same grip, its "rake" is suited for one-handed NRA National Match style shooting because that's how it was designed for 1911 (1909), the arched spring housing was added for the A1 to make it slightly more comfortable for shooting from the chest or hip height. The grip of a 1911 is woefully small for big hand, ask any Marine or Army soldier from WWII and you'll hear that. The Beretta is a grip like a Browning Hi-power, meant to be shot from chest to eye level as they were/are taught in European armies, and now we teach in the US Military in recent decades, two hande combat style. The Glock doesn't know what it wants to be. Straight on the grips front strap and highly arched on the back strap like but even more than the Beretta, horrible to hold from either chest or eye level!

Look at them from the top too, the Glock is the widest ! Talk about big and bulky; both the M92 and the 1911, and a 2011, look under skinny in comparison. The grip width of a stacked magazine 2011 Hi-capa is no skinnier than a M92! They can't be, the two magazines are virtually identical. Put them on a table next to each other and compare!

Lastly, the Glocks are just ugly guns, they look like toys. Squirt guns are all plastic too (cheap shot, sorry). Not surprised, Austrian' design and make them. Glocks, hideous Steyr AUG and Vienna sausages, only three famed products from Austria, ;)

But, to each his own and what you feel most comfortable shooting easily. Just dont drop a Glock, it might break ;) (a slight jab)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
9x19 is a NATO round, some EU countries don't allow civilians to have NATO caliber guns so 9x21 was created as a legal work-around. Load is the same, overall length is the same, etc - the cartridge is just 2mm longer and the bullet is seated 2mm deeper.

View attachment 279951
9mm "Luger" (9mm x 19) is, or was, probably still is, illegal to own a gun chambered in it in Mexico (possibly other Central American countries as well) because it is considered a Armed Forces and Law Enforcement only round. Hence the "Colt .38 ACP Super" and .45 ACP flourished for Decades there. If you have a hankering for a ".38 Super chambered 1911A1 Colt, best place to find one is in Mexico, if it isn't beaten to Sh**. Years ago I bought several in Mexico and re-imported them back into the USA for sale to mostly collectors and enthusiasts (I have an FFL). The .38 ACP can tbe shot in a .38 Super, but a .38 Super can't be shot in a Colt 1903 Pocket Hammer 38ACP for obviously (pressure) reasons.

.38 ACP Colt Super -
130 (8.42 g) FMJ1,215 ft/s (370 m/s)426 ft⋅lbf energy
115 (7.45 g) JHP1,450 ft/s (440 m/s)537 ft⋅lbf energy
Far better than the 9x19mm, and nearly on par with the .357 Magnum.

Wouldn't a Beretta M92 (M99 ?) in .38 ACP Super have been "Super"?? Yeah!

From my collection - Now talk about Grip Angle only conducive to eye-level shooting! The P-92 is far more raked than this. The "Grand-daddy" of the Colt 1911, John Browning's baby. I "roll my own" for shooting. For a 119 year old gun, the accuracy at 25 yrds is amazing considering there is no muzzle bushing like a 1911. The slide's muzzle is machined to snugly cradle the tapered barrel at its muzzle. The Barrel "toggles" at two points.

Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Trigger Wood

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, more
I believe the aftermarket hicapa parts manufacturers came after the DIYers proved that there was a viable market for glam parts. I wonder if the platform itself is also part of the problem? The Hicapa is pretty easy to mod.
It is very true the 1911/A1 and 2011 are the easiest to completely replace parts, and now upgrade; John Browning and Colt had that very idea in mind for mostly Military use. But really the P92/M4 isn't hard either. I build lots of P92's and PT92's (Taurus) for IPCS, PPC and Run n Gun competition shooters as a gunsmith, and its not a big deal to tear one down 100%. It's a SOB for anyone without a tool to replace the hammer spring in any Colt or Clone 1911/A1. No such problemo with any 92.

If you could easily buy the parts to glam trick out a P92 / M9 like the real ones below, you don't think an equal amount of Airsoft Players would rather not be a "me too'er" with another copycat 2011 glitz pistol and take a P92/M9?

Hand Guitar accessory Musical instrument Finger String instrument accessory

Or a stock Beretta P92X with just a little "bling"
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun Gun accessory

Or maybe a Psychedelic P92 like this
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

Personally, I'm not into "Bling" guns, one you'd expect a low-rider to want. I like mine mod'ded inside and a sleeper on the outside, like my OP pictures of my two M9's. In the real world, my Run n Gun P92 is a plain-Jane on the outsideexcept for the replaced rear combat sight, but the insides are nothing original. All three are mine for IPC, PPC and Run-n-Gun, the PT-92 is a 1988 model and VERY well used, my PT24/7 is beginning to really grow on me.
Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Pattern Design

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Those are the 'big three' when it comes to service pistols, seems a reasonable comparison. M9 has the thickest slide of the three, stats are what they are.

As to how ugly hideous fragile and toy-like glocks are, how much you/others/everyone hates them...

Anyway, I pref a Walther or more recently a Glock on an aftermarket frame that has a better grip angle - both for real steel and airsoft.
No slam and no hate, buy you need glasses if you look at your own picture of the pistols from the top and say a M92 is wider than a Glock 17!! The Glock is a long shoebox on top of a frame! The 1911A1 stocker is the thinnest, then the M92 and last the Glock. Aiming a Glock is like aiming a rectangular box.

Look at that hideous exaggerated grip angle, compared to the more conventional P92X /M9A3. Everyone knows that the closer you hold a weapon when shooting, the human hand's anatomy dictates a straighter grip. Look at forearm accessory vertical grips for "M4" style rifles. 90 degree vertical grip is for a 10.5" CQB, whereas the convention is an angled grip for a 16" Carbine because that is how the hand's wrist joints work. The modern two-handed Combat style pistol stance has the pistol close to you, so a more vertical grip is the most comfortable for your hand's mechanics (Google it, hundreds of references). The extreme angle of the Glocks is fine for 1920's one-handed fully extended arm length shooting, but move it up close in a combat style, and you're aiming at the sky.

Photograph Vertebrate Mammal Air gun Trigger

I don't hate the Glocks, I just don't like them. The stupid and clumsy trigger safety makes a mess out of trigger feel for control, NO MANUAL Safety, no hammer. So much wrong with the design.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If we're allowed to declare any airsoft favs outside the "big three", I'm a fan of the TM's HK line: MK23, USP and HK45. I want to like the Sig P320 by ProForce but two buddies have gone through several duds. They all seem to suffer from the same light striking issue.
I don't want to get tpo far off the OP premise, but I'll agree with you about the SIG P320, I'm not enthused about the real one and hence I wouldn't want a GBBP version. Conversely, I love the SIG Sauer SP2022 (the real one, which I have one) and I also for the same reason, I have a GBBP version but in CO2. It is super compact, lite and very high FPS (and very long range), and my choice when I'm our VET Airsoft teams squad sniper. The SP-2022 has proven to be one of the most popular "police" sidearm in W Europe.

I had a HK USP loaner from HK for a year, I was writing an article for the USAF Vet magazine. I used it intermittently for IPSC and "3-gun Action Shooting" competition. It was OK, but not anything close to the #1 pistol in the IPSC world, the CZ-72 SP-01 Shadow, or the newer Shadow 2 (see my "older" SP-01 w/ extended slide /barrel in my three gun picture in an above post, far left). I have GOT TO buy a CZ -75 SP-01 Shadow GBBP!! But they are a bit pricey for me right now in this economy.

NO ONE builds a better 9mm pistol than CZ, and it's the only one I'll choose over a M9/PT92.
I do own 2 M2011 Hi-Capa's, so I'm not anti 2011/1911's, and I have to know how to mod and tech them for friends and clients. I just far prefer the M9 for me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
(1) I do love SIGs (my brother has a compact P320 sweet)

(2) I've never shot a CZ, I find them kinda ugly/not my taste, but they sound good.

(3) What kind of rifle do you use? you seem like the kinda guy who would use an M40 style rifle. Thanks
Again, not to stray too far from the OP, an ASG McMillan M40A3 .... with lots of changes internally, I had to ask lots of question and made some mistakes.

You have to try out a CZ-75 especially the SP-01 version (real one, I have yet to hold or shoot any Airsoft ones.) I promise, after you do, you will never be satisfied with any other DA 9mm. Yes you have to get used to its looks. Half of my family's ancestors are from Brno Czech Republic, home of CZ. I am so relieved that they now own Colt, they will straighten out that mess.

I need to ask around who makes the best CZ SP-01 Shadow GBBP replica for MilSim skirmishes.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
^^This. Shooting a CZ is a dream. Too bad they were designed during the weapons ban (1994??) so they only have 10 round mags...
Hmmmm, .... ALL of my early CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow 9mm mags are 18 round mags!! Some 20 years old (work like new and also new new like last year neew). And my 1976 (2nd year) std CZ-75 is 16 rounds. Don't know where you got the idea the 9mm is only 10rds. They did make a .40 caliber CZ 75. Maybe those are single stack, not familiar with those.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
There is only one maker of the CZ models in Airsoft and that is KJW.

Uh...unless you live in a Mag restricted State...there are high capacity pistol mags for CZ available.

View attachment 279973

And are sold with them too:

View attachment 279974
And original CZ75 have 15 round magazines

View attachment 279975
Jonathan Higgs (Airsoftology) reviews the ASG Licensed CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow GBB/CO2 Dual Power!!

Then there is the Redwolf YouTube video review of the ASG Licensed CZ-75 SP-01 Shadow;
"Ready to Race: ASG CZ75 SP-01 Shadow GBB Pistol – RedWolf Airsoft RWTV"

So..... it appears that @hardbap was RIGHT and it's ASG that hold the License and KJW is sub-licensing it from ASG!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Jonathan Higgs only gives good reviews because he's paid, I've never heard him say something bad about anything (even if it was a stick)

Redwolf barely says anything bad because they want the manufactures to use them as an overseas/local retailer.

I'm sure the CZ is good because I've heard some buddies talk about it, I just don't trust either of those two (+ a bunch more "reviewers" and retailers... I'm talking to you Evike)
DITTO DITTO DITTO that! ..... ALL three.
I've met Higgs a few times, he lived in the next city to me before moving to Taiwan, and I moved to San Diego area about the same time. He's actually a pretty square up guy in person and at Games. He has, I believe, the longest running pure Airsoft channel; but yeah he is a "Brand Whore" and I'm sure he knows everyone watching except noobs know it. And, what's with the (his) juvenile "patches", and WHY would anyone in Airsoft want them???

Redwolf are also Brand Whores, everything reviewed is wonderful!, And Evike, well D'uh, clueless Matt looks like a woodchuck I killed in my backyard. Horribly slow shipping and clueless Customer/Tech Support people that take a week to reply to an Email request.

Anyway, even though I like them, I wouldn't get a 1911/GLOCK/92f (yet) because you see them everywhere (same with the Colt M4 and AK variants) I like something more... unique (unless it's a bolt action, then I would go for a Remington or McMillan style stock rifle)

Although I do like how your FDE M9 with a can/suppressor/silencer,ect,ect looks.
Well, that's my (partial) point about why is the Airsoft 1911A1/2022 so overwhelmingly popular (and still growing I guess), and nearly all I see are lavished in glitzy glam bling **** that make you a shinny target, and every 16 to 60 year old at a Airsoft game have one! Is the vast majority in Airsoft just Lemmings and #MeToo'ers?? I'm sorta with you on wanting something different than everyone else has .... to a point.

If you are playing with a team, MilSim or not, makes sense that most on a team are using the same Infantry Carbine or Rifle platform for the need to share Mags. If your team / squad like AK's or M4/M16's, most everyone but the DM and Sniper should use one platform. Probably should apply to the pistols too.

I live in San Diego County, and everyone on the airsoft Vet team I play in are ex Marines or Navy, so thank god mostly all like the M9, especially the Marines (I'm the only former USAF Vet on the four squads team, there are also three Army vets, we let them in out of pitty). BUT, I do own two M2011 Hi-Capa's too, for if I go out of the area and 'play-in' with a team's squad that all use 2011 Hi-Capa's. But I'd rather be using one of my M9's, the grip fills my hand 100%, while a M2011 grip is too small even being wider than a 1911A1 for the stacked mag.

So, while I don't particularly like Tokyo Marui GBB guns (their mfr and designs are great, just under spec'd for use with weak Duster Spray). thank god they set the standards that every clone maker usually has to follow or nobody could share magazines, body parts and most repair or upgrade and parts!!

Ahhhh, go ahead, go buy a WE Tech M9A3 GBB, you know you want it.......
that suppressor (inside empty, ends screw off) is on Evike for only $15 and it uses the same thread as the WE Tech internal threaded barrel has. Then I'll tell you on to make the internals so your "kills" can't hear your shot till it's too late - HIT!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
(1) WE kinda has... a reputation for failing on me, so I'm not a huge fan of them.

(2) I actually prefer plastic slides (each has its pros and cons) yes, they may not be as realistic or appealing, I like them, some don't, and (I'm not telling this to anyone directly) If you want a metal slide, get a real gun, that's what I say.
I know that there is a fair amount of discontent about the WE Tech brand, I seem to hear it mostly about some of their GBB pistols, other models nothing. Don't seem to hear much complaints about their GBBR's, but at their prices for those, they had better be higher quality and trouble free.

I only have three WE Tech GBBP's, an early model (2011) 5.1 Hi-Capa "T-Rex" semi-auto only, and I just bought a brand new version 2 T-Rex (which is pretty different and it's Semi and Full Auto), because the first old is getting pretty OLD (2017 if I remember correctly). That first T-Rex has been a Gem, literally nothing has broken except the Nozzle had begun to fail back in January, so I put in a new CowCow Nozzle, Piston head and spring. Like new again. Only have had the new T-Rex for 2 weeks now, shot about 1000 .26BB's through it and it is sweet, it comes short-stroked, WE calls it "Speed-stroke" and the heavily CNC cutaway metal slide is fast in cycling! In Full Auto, it empties the 30rd mag in 2 seconds. I won't he doing that at a match! Fit and finish on the new one is impeccable, the old one was not as nice, the slide was too loose and things rattled, ..... but it WORKED 100% of the time. Never a bad feed. The old T-Rex shot .26's at 325 fps, the new one does 380fps ! DAMN!!

My first WE Tech M9A3 is pretty recent, as of June this year. I now have two - one DE and one Black, both now set up identically - DE for outdoor skirmishes and Black for exclusively indoors. I have 10 WE Tech 26+1 Gas Mags for them. I also have a "Matrix" marketed "B&W" M9A1 that I strongly suspect is actually made by SRC in Taiwan. I compared it to one (SRC) a buddy has and I can't find any difference except the B&W comes with the Poseidon Air-Cushion Polished Barrel, Bucking, 3-point Hop and a Poseidon Nozzle assembly. Evike call this model the "Matrix Poseidon Custom" and claims the longest range of "ANY" GBB 5" barreled pistol at 180ft. I've gotten 150ft reliably and accurately, happy with that. Matrix doesn't make anything, it's just Evike's marketing brand and dozens of Taiwanese and Chinese companies make the guns that Evike calls a "Matrix" branded whatever. Funny, but the Matrix name was nowhere on the B&W branded SRC made M9A1, not even on the box or 1-page "don't shoot yourself , manual"

My very first "P92" GBB was the Umarex Beretta Licensed and that was a nightmare. I was told that KWA or KJW makes it for Umarex. Stay miles away from Umarex 92's or M9's

So, I can't (yet) be one to bash WE Tech, except they have non-existant CS or Tech support. Even though they are made in Taiwan, they turn over all their distribution to KYairsoft in HK, and their CS and Tech Support sucks. 2-weeks to respond to most emails.

I don't know, maybe I've just lucky with mine, but I love WE Tech GBBP's, just not their support.

Tokyo Marui's plastic Hi-capa slides - funny that most people that buy a TM Hi-capa are the ones rushing out to by an aftermarket Metal Glam Slide to stick on it. Maybe TM should wake up that nobody uses Duster Spray gas in Airsoft outside of Japan. So now your TM Hi-capa costs another $150 minimum over the MSRP, since few discount TM's. TM pistols are great looking, till the parts break from normal GG and Propane use.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
@hardbap - I agree that very recent years WE Tech's are greatly improved in mfg quality, fit and finish over earlier years. My brand new Hi-capa 5.1 T-rex looks and has fit of a GGB more than twice the price, and noticeably better finish than my very old version a1. Then again the only thing that wore out in the old one was the Nozzle assembly. The only issue with my WE M9A3 we a very stubborn selector/safety and that was a very slight burr in the detent slots on the slide. Deburred it and a dab of Silicone grease,, smooth as silk. 20k+ BBs later and it runs flawlessly. Easy 150 ft hard (painful) hits with the suppressor on it.

I think a vast majority of the bad rap for WE is very old guns. WE and ASG are my GBBP's choice.

With no personal ownership experience on TM's , my only input is friends GBBP's. I suspect you are right about TM only caring about their domestic market.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Ok I am confused, is Elite Force an Umarex brand, is there also a separate Elite Force company? GLOCK G17 GEN 4 GBB 6MM AIRSOFT PISTOL : ELITE FORCE - UMAREX.

I hear some rave about EF 1911A1 clones, mostly the CO2 powered Airsoft models. Are those Umarex too?

I only have experience with two Umarex gas guns. One MP5K .177 BB IN CO2 that looks nice but is a kinda cheapy Plastic (not Polymer), and the Umarex Beretta M92 GBB I grew to hate, it was such junk. Gave the MP5K to my grandson to plink with. No more Umarex for me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Hmm ok cool. I guess ya can't believe everything ya read on the internet lol.
10 round magazine bans for pistols are ONLY at State Level, such as Kalifornicate, Ore, Wash, NY, Mich, and I think a few more. HOWEVER, the Supreme Court is addressing this arbitrary ban as anti 2A. and the recent 2A ruling appears to be the wedge in the door that will over-rule both 10 rd bands for Assault Weapons and pistols.

Joe and his gang is after your a-salt rifle !!
Automotive lighting Human body Jaw Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Hey, I ran across a Airsoft Teching thread from a long time back that you had posted about this WE SOF M9 and want to do some upgrades, especially the bucking, and lamenting it was a fixed hop-up.

Did that Gemtech Suppressor that came with it have baffles or foam in it from the factory?

What did you end up doing for upgrades?
Or is that the reason you kinda "hung up" your SOF and switched to something else for game play?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Either that, or Elite Force is Umarex's airsoft brand. (They do airguns and other random stuff)
I think it's the first version of your thoughts. Umarex is the Parent, they are pretty heavy in the CO2 BB Replica market. ...... though I wouldn't buy any of theirs either and that IS FIRST HAND experience speaking! Maybe Umarex is trying to use Elite Force as their "elite class" airsoft? ..... FAIL!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
The only upgrade I did was I installed the Madbull precision barrel kit.
Could you share the part number for that Madbull precision barrel kit and maybe where you bought it? I assume it had a fixed hop-up like the stocker?

Pretty much. I still dust it off once in awhile, like I mentioned when I'm cosplaying the Boondock Saints 😅. I do love the way it feels in my hand and it is a sharp replica IMO, but it def doesn't perform as well as my stock TM hicapas or WE glocks. Though this thread certainly has me thinking about revisiting that project...
Let's do it! I have an itch to radically work my ver 2 over to the max. Though, mine is very accurate, at 100ft (usable length of my back-yard range) off a bench rest I routinely have been getting 2-inch 5 shot groups once the WE M9A3 "broke in" (about 250 BB's). Let me know what you find that works, I'll do the same.

Hoping to find an adjustable Hop-up to exchange into it. Poseidon makes one for M9's with their "cushion air" barrel and adj quad hop-up bucking (still trying to understand how it works). I have a B&W M9A1 (pretty certain that SRC makes it) that has that Poseidon system in it. I'll try a barrel assembly swap into the WE Tech M9, just to test. The B&W does have a longer range and higher fps than my WE M9, accuracy is impressive, I got 1" 5-shot groups at 75 ft off a bench rest.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts