Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 33.3%
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If we're allowed to declare any airsoft favs outside the "big three", I'm a fan of the TM's HK line: MK23, USP and HK45. I want to like the Sig P320 by ProForce but two buddies have gone through several duds. They all seem to suffer from the same light striking issue.
I don't want to get tpo far off the OP premise, but I'll agree with you about the SIG P320, I'm not enthused about the real one and hence I wouldn't want a GBBP version. Conversely, I love the SIG Sauer SP2022 (the real one, which I have one) and I also for the same reason, I have a GBBP version but in CO2. It is super compact, lite and very high FPS (and very long range), and my choice when I'm our VET Airsoft teams squad sniper. The SP-2022 has proven to be one of the most popular "police" sidearm in W Europe.

I had a HK USP loaner from HK for a year, I was writing an article for the USAF Vet magazine. I used it intermittently for IPSC and "3-gun Action Shooting" competition. It was OK, but not anything close to the #1 pistol in the IPSC world, the CZ-72 SP-01 Shadow, or the newer Shadow 2 (see my "older" SP-01 w/ extended slide /barrel in my three gun picture in an above post, far left). I have GOT TO buy a CZ -75 SP-01 Shadow GBBP!! But they are a bit pricey for me right now in this economy.

NO ONE builds a better 9mm pistol than CZ, and it's the only one I'll choose over a M9/PT92.
I do own 2 M2011 Hi-Capa's, so I'm not anti 2011/1911's, and I have to know how to mod and tech them for friends and clients. I just far prefer the M9 for me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
(1) I do love SIGs, but I cant bring myself to buy the airsoft version (my brother has a compact real P320 sweet)

(2) I've never shot a CZ, I find them kinda ugly/not my taste, but they sound good.

(3) What kind of rifle do you use? you seem like the kinda guy who would use an M40 style rifle. Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
(1) I do love SIGs (my brother has a compact P320 sweet)

(2) I've never shot a CZ, I find them kinda ugly/not my taste, but they sound good.

(3) What kind of rifle do you use? you seem like the kinda guy who would use an M40 style rifle. Thanks
Again, not to stray too far from the OP, an ASG McMillan M40A3 .... with lots of changes internally, I had to ask lots of question and made some mistakes.

You have to try out a CZ-75 especially the SP-01 version (real one, I have yet to hold or shoot any Airsoft ones.) I promise, after you do, you will never be satisfied with any other DA 9mm. Yes you have to get used to its looks. Half of my family's ancestors are from Brno Czech Republic, home of CZ. I am so relieved that they now own Colt, they will straighten out that mess.

I need to ask around who makes the best CZ SP-01 Shadow GBBP replica for MilSim skirmishes.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
I need to ask around who makes the best CZ SP-01 Shadow GBBP replica for MilSim skirmishes.
There is only one maker of the CZ models in Airsoft and that is KJW.

^^This. Shooting a CZ is a dream. Too bad they were designed during the weapons ban (1994??) so they only have 10 round mags...
Uh...unless you live in a Mag restricted State...there are high capacity pistol mags for CZ available.

Font Screenshot Circle Number Terrestrial plant

And are sold with them too:

Product Font Rectangle Screenshot Design

And original CZ75 have 15 round magazines

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
Whoop, I was referencing the CZ 97 B (chambered in .45 acp) when I referenced the assault weapons ban.
My how details can clear up a misunderstanding so easily...

However, the CZ-97B did not fall under "ban" criteria.

Air gun Grey Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Of which it is listed here.

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
  • Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
  • Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
  • Barrel shroud safety feature that prevents burns to the operator
  • A manufactured weight of 50 ounces (1.41kg) or more when the pistol is unloaded
  • A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.
And it only held 10 rounds in designed form and was only recently discontinued - Discontinued 2022

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
For "assault" rifles.

But not for pistols and the 10 round mag for the CZ is due to it being a single stack .45ACP pistol.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
That depends if the site is "reputable" or some lame troll web posting...

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
A slight misstatement and additional context does help (details). While designed in an era of hi-capacity magazine restrictions. The design did not afford an ability to go large mag capacity.

Like the M92. You can get High Capacity "pre-ban" mags or you had to get a 10 round mag new with pistol during this period.

But, so much is lost in text...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
^^This. Shooting a CZ is a dream. Too bad they were designed during the weapons ban (1994??) so they only have 10 round mags...
Hmmmm, .... ALL of my early CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow 9mm mags are 18 round mags!! Some 20 years old (work like new and also new new like last year neew). And my 1976 (2nd year) std CZ-75 is 16 rounds. Don't know where you got the idea the 9mm is only 10rds. They did make a .40 caliber CZ 75. Maybe those are single stack, not familiar with those.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
There is only one maker of the CZ models in Airsoft and that is KJW.

Uh...unless you live in a Mag restricted State...there are high capacity pistol mags for CZ available.

View attachment 279973

And are sold with them too:

View attachment 279974
And original CZ75 have 15 round magazines

View attachment 279975
Jonathan Higgs (Airsoftology) reviews the ASG Licensed CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow GBB/CO2 Dual Power!!

Then there is the Redwolf YouTube video review of the ASG Licensed CZ-75 SP-01 Shadow;
"Ready to Race: ASG CZ75 SP-01 Shadow GBB Pistol – RedWolf Airsoft RWTV"

So..... it appears that @hardbap was RIGHT and it's ASG that hold the License and KJW is sub-licensing it from ASG!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Jonathan Higgs (Airsoftology) reviews the ASG Licensed CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow GBB/CO2 Dual Power!!
Jonathan Higgs only gives good reviews because he's paid, I've never heard him say something bad about anything (even if it was a stick)

Then there is the Redwolf YouTube video review of the ASG Licensed CZ-75 SP-01 Shadow;
"Ready to Race: ASG CZ75 SP-01 Shadow GBB Pistol – RedWolf Airsoft RWTV"
Redwolf barely says anything bad because they want the manufactures to use them as an overseas/local retailer.

I'm sure the CZ is good because I've heard some buddies talk about it, I just don't trust either of those two (+ a bunch more "reviewers" and retailers... I'm talking to you Evike)

Anyways, even though I like them, I wouldn't get a 1911/GLOCK/92f (yet) because you see them everywhere (same with the Colt M4 and AK variants) I like something more... unique (unless it's a bolt action, then I would go for a Remington or McMillan style stock rifle)

Although I do like how your FDE M9 with a can/suppressor/silencer,ect,ect looks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Jonathan Higgs only gives good reviews because he's paid, I've never heard him say something bad about anything (even if it was a stick)

Redwolf barely says anything bad because they want the manufactures to use them as an overseas/local retailer.

I'm sure the CZ is good because I've heard some buddies talk about it, I just don't trust either of those two (+ a bunch more "reviewers" and retailers... I'm talking to you Evike)
DITTO DITTO DITTO that! ..... ALL three.
I've met Higgs a few times, he lived in the next city to me before moving to Taiwan, and I moved to San Diego area about the same time. He's actually a pretty square up guy in person and at Games. He has, I believe, the longest running pure Airsoft channel; but yeah he is a "Brand Whore" and I'm sure he knows everyone watching except noobs know it. And, what's with the (his) juvenile "patches", and WHY would anyone in Airsoft want them???

Redwolf are also Brand Whores, everything reviewed is wonderful!, And Evike, well D'uh, clueless Matt looks like a woodchuck I killed in my backyard. Horribly slow shipping and clueless Customer/Tech Support people that take a week to reply to an Email request.

Anyway, even though I like them, I wouldn't get a 1911/GLOCK/92f (yet) because you see them everywhere (same with the Colt M4 and AK variants) I like something more... unique (unless it's a bolt action, then I would go for a Remington or McMillan style stock rifle)

Although I do like how your FDE M9 with a can/suppressor/silencer,ect,ect looks.
Well, that's my (partial) point about why is the Airsoft 1911A1/2022 so overwhelmingly popular (and still growing I guess), and nearly all I see are lavished in glitzy glam bling **** that make you a shinny target, and every 16 to 60 year old at a Airsoft game have one! Is the vast majority in Airsoft just Lemmings and #MeToo'ers?? I'm sorta with you on wanting something different than everyone else has .... to a point.

If you are playing with a team, MilSim or not, makes sense that most on a team are using the same Infantry Carbine or Rifle platform for the need to share Mags. If your team / squad like AK's or M4/M16's, most everyone but the DM and Sniper should use one platform. Probably should apply to the pistols too.

I live in San Diego County, and everyone on the airsoft Vet team I play in are ex Marines or Navy, so thank god mostly all like the M9, especially the Marines (I'm the only former USAF Vet on the four squads team, there are also three Army vets, we let them in out of pitty). BUT, I do own two M2011 Hi-Capa's too, for if I go out of the area and 'play-in' with a team's squad that all use 2011 Hi-Capa's. But I'd rather be using one of my M9's, the grip fills my hand 100%, while a M2011 grip is too small even being wider than a 1911A1 for the stacked mag.

So, while I don't particularly like Tokyo Marui GBB guns (their mfr and designs are great, just under spec'd for use with weak Duster Spray). thank god they set the standards that every clone maker usually has to follow or nobody could share magazines, body parts and most repair or upgrade and parts!!

Ahhhh, go ahead, go buy a WE Tech M9A3 GBB, you know you want it.......
that suppressor (inside empty, ends screw off) is on Evike for only $15 and it uses the same thread as the WE Tech internal threaded barrel has. Then I'll tell you on to make the internals so your "kills" can't hear your shot till it's too late - HIT!

21 - 40 of 64 Posts