• GBB M2011 Hi-Capa

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 33.3%
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
And, what's with the (his) juvenile "patches", and WHY would anyone in Airsoft want them???
Oh yeah, I forgot about those, in my earlier airsoft days I saw them... What the heck?

And Evike, well D'uh, clueless Matt looks like a woodchuck I killed in my backyard
I don't know why, but I love this.

If you are playing with a team, MilSim or not, makes sense that most on a team are using the same Infantry Carbine or Rifle platform for the need to share Mags. If your team / squad like AK's or M4/M16's, most everyone but the DM and Sniper should use one platform. Probably should apply to the pistols too.
This does make alot of sense though.

Ahhhh, go ahead, go buy a WE Tech M9A3 GBB, you know you want it.......
Yeah, I would love to get it (I loved before FDE was the trend/new color) but two things:

(1) WE kinda has... a reputation for failing on me, so I'm not a huge fan of them.

(2) I actually prefer plastic slides (each has its pros and cons) yes, they may not be as realistic or appealing, I like them, some don't, and (I'm not telling this to anyone directly) If you want a metal slide, get a real gun, that's what I say.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
(1) WE kinda has... a reputation for failing on me, so I'm not a huge fan of them.

(2) I actually prefer plastic slides (each has its pros and cons) yes, they may not be as realistic or appealing, I like them, some don't, and (I'm not telling this to anyone directly) If you want a metal slide, get a real gun, that's what I say.
I know that there is a fair amount of discontent about the WE Tech brand, I seem to hear it mostly about some of their GBB pistols, other models nothing. Don't seem to hear much complaints about their GBBR's, but at their prices for those, they had better be higher quality and trouble free.

I only have three WE Tech GBBP's, an early model (2011) 5.1 Hi-Capa "T-Rex" semi-auto only, and I just bought a brand new version 2 T-Rex (which is pretty different and it's Semi and Full Auto), because the first old is getting pretty OLD (2017 if I remember correctly). That first T-Rex has been a Gem, literally nothing has broken except the Nozzle had begun to fail back in January, so I put in a new CowCow Nozzle, Piston head and spring. Like new again. Only have had the new T-Rex for 2 weeks now, shot about 1000 .26BB's through it and it is sweet, it comes short-stroked, WE calls it "Speed-stroke" and the heavily CNC cutaway metal slide is fast in cycling! In Full Auto, it empties the 30rd mag in 2 seconds. I won't he doing that at a match! Fit and finish on the new one is impeccable, the old one was not as nice, the slide was too loose and things rattled, ..... but it WORKED 100% of the time. Never a bad feed. The old T-Rex shot .26's at 325 fps, the new one does 380fps ! DAMN!!

My first WE Tech M9A3 is pretty recent, as of June this year. I now have two - one DE and one Black, both now set up identically - DE for outdoor skirmishes and Black for exclusively indoors. I have 10 WE Tech 26+1 Gas Mags for them. I also have a "Matrix" marketed "B&W" M9A1 that I strongly suspect is actually made by SRC in Taiwan. I compared it to one (SRC) a buddy has and I can't find any difference except the B&W comes with the Poseidon Air-Cushion Polished Barrel, Bucking, 3-point Hop and a Poseidon Nozzle assembly. Evike call this model the "Matrix Poseidon Custom" and claims the longest range of "ANY" GBB 5" barreled pistol at 180ft. I've gotten 150ft reliably and accurately, happy with that. Matrix doesn't make anything, it's just Evike's marketing brand and dozens of Taiwanese and Chinese companies make the guns that Evike calls a "Matrix" branded whatever. Funny, but the Matrix name was nowhere on the B&W branded SRC made M9A1, not even on the box or 1-page "don't shoot yourself , manual"

My very first "P92" GBB was the Umarex Beretta Licensed and that was a nightmare. I was told that KWA or KJW makes it for Umarex. Stay miles away from Umarex 92's or M9's

So, I can't (yet) be one to bash WE Tech, except they have non-existant CS or Tech support. Even though they are made in Taiwan, they turn over all their distribution to KYairsoft in HK, and their CS and Tech Support sucks. 2-weeks to respond to most emails.

I don't know, maybe I've just lucky with mine, but I love WE Tech GBBP's, just not their support.

Tokyo Marui's plastic Hi-capa slides - funny that most people that buy a TM Hi-capa are the ones rushing out to by an aftermarket Metal Glam Slide to stick on it. Maybe TM should wake up that nobody uses Duster Spray gas in Airsoft outside of Japan. So now your TM Hi-capa costs another $150 minimum over the MSRP, since few discount TM's. TM pistols are great looking, till the parts break from normal GG and Propane use.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Maybe TM should wake up that nobody uses Duster Spray gas in Airsoft outside of Japan.
From my observations TM cares very little, if at all, about the airsoft market outside of Japan.

I know that WE gets a bad rap, and that some of it is justified, but I think the product quality has really improved in recent years. I've purchased two WE glocks over the past 3 years, a G17 gen 5 and a KYAirsoft custom G45 (based on the 19) and both have been really rock solid. I've heard that the WE glocks are made in a different factory then their other pistol models but I have not been able to confirm this.

·
Registered
103 Posts
TM pistols are great looking, till the parts break from normal GG and Propane use.
I'm not trying to discount your experiences @Cobra Jockey but I have had a much different experience with my TM hicapas (5.1 and 4.3) and G17. Outside of changing the packing/bucking, I run mine stock on Puff Dino gas (no silicone) and they are still running strong years later. I keep waiting for the Hicapa slides to break so I can replace them, I even have the Limcat slides ready to go, but they've held up.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
HK3P/3HKP C KJW S2 > WE

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
@hardbap - I agree that very recent years WE Tech's are greatly improved in mfg quality, fit and finish over earlier years. My brand new Hi-capa 5.1 T-rex looks and has fit of a GGB more than twice the price, and noticeably better finish than my very old version a1. Then again the only thing that wore out in the old one was the Nozzle assembly. The only issue with my WE M9A3 we a very stubborn selector/safety and that was a very slight burr in the detent slots on the slide. Deburred it and a dab of Silicone grease,, smooth as silk. 20k+ BBs later and it runs flawlessly. Easy 150 ft hard (painful) hits with the suppressor on it.

I think a vast majority of the bad rap for WE is very old guns. WE and ASG are my GBBP's choice.

With no personal ownership experience on TM's , my only input is friends GBBP's. I suspect you are right about TM only caring about their domestic market.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We also own a WE T-Rex Competition, the older generation. Bought it as an impulse purchase cause it was available for a really good price. I've only dialed in the hop and shot targets with it, never played with in a game, but I was presently surprised at how well it performed. I'm not ready to drop my TM hicapa for it but it offers really good value, even at its normal MSRP. It's my son's favorite pistol for sure. He's abandoned his EF glock for it.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
EF Glocks are horrendous Umarex is the blame for their issues...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Ok I am confused, is Elite Force an Umarex brand, is there also a separate Elite Force company? GLOCK G17 GEN 4 GBB 6MM AIRSOFT PISTOL : ELITE FORCE - UMAREX.

I hear some rave about EF 1911A1 clones, mostly the CO2 powered Airsoft models. Are those Umarex too?

I only have experience with two Umarex gas guns. One MP5K .177 BB IN CO2 that looks nice but is a kinda cheapy Plastic (not Polymer), and the Umarex Beretta M92 GBB I grew to hate, it was such junk. Gave the MP5K to my grandson to plink with. No more Umarex for me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Hmm ok cool. I guess ya can't believe everything ya read on the internet lol.
10 round magazine bans for pistols are ONLY at State Level, such as Kalifornicate, Ore, Wash, NY, Mich, and I think a few more. HOWEVER, the Supreme Court is addressing this arbitrary ban as anti 2A. and the recent 2A ruling appears to be the wedge in the door that will over-rule both 10 rd bands for Assault Weapons and pistols.

Joe and his gang is after your a-salt rifle !!
Automotive lighting Human body Jaw Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Hey, I ran across a Airsoft Teching thread from a long time back that you had posted about this WE SOF M9 and want to do some upgrades, especially the bucking, and lamenting it was a fixed hop-up.

Did that Gemtech Suppressor that came with it have baffles or foam in it from the factory?

What did you end up doing for upgrades?
Or is that the reason you kinda "hung up" your SOF and switched to something else for game play?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Either that, or Elite Force is Umarex's airsoft brand. (They do airguns and other random stuff)
I think it's the first version of your thoughts. Umarex is the Parent, they are pretty heavy in the CO2 BB Replica market. ...... though I wouldn't buy any of theirs either and that IS FIRST HAND experience speaking! Maybe Umarex is trying to use Elite Force as their "elite class" airsoft? ..... FAIL!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeeeah, I won't be buying an EF any time soon, I'll stick to TM.

Someone please tell me which one is right because EF also trademarks things, specifically VFC (I'm not sure about GBBPs)

EF is a pretty good example of what Guges would say, "American Consumerism Does Not Apply in Airsoft"

·
Registered
103 Posts
I hear some rave about EF 1911A1 clones,
These are garbage as well in my experience. Some folks def praise them but every one I've come across is absolutely craptacular. I swear on the Airsoft Tech FB group there is an epic back and forth about this replica at least once a month. The only other topic that sparks as much debate in Airsoft is Novritch.

Did that Gemtech Suppressor that came with it have baffles or foam in it from the factory?
Nope @Cobra Jockey it did not.

What did you end up doing for upgrades?
The only upgrade I did was I installed the Madbull precision barrel kit.

Or is that the reason you kinda "hung up" your SOF and switched to something else for game play?
Pretty much. I still dust it off once in awhile, like I mentioned when I'm cosplaying the Boondock Saints 😅. I do love the way it feels in my hand and it is a sharp replica IMO, but it def doesn't perform as well as my stock TM hicapas or WE glocks. Though this thread certainly has me thinking about revisiting that project...

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
Think of Umarex as the "Company", like GM - General Motors

And EF - Elite Force as the Division or House Brand

And on Umarex's Website...you can see "all" the items they rebrand under this name.

Product Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

EF1911 is a KWC 1911...CO2...low grade - period.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
The only upgrade I did was I installed the Madbull precision barrel kit.
Could you share the part number for that Madbull precision barrel kit and maybe where you bought it? I assume it had a fixed hop-up like the stocker?

Pretty much. I still dust it off once in awhile, like I mentioned when I'm cosplaying the Boondock Saints 😅. I do love the way it feels in my hand and it is a sharp replica IMO, but it def doesn't perform as well as my stock TM hicapas or WE glocks. Though this thread certainly has me thinking about revisiting that project...
Let's do it! I have an itch to radically work my ver 2 over to the max. Though, mine is very accurate, at 100ft (usable length of my back-yard range) off a bench rest I routinely have been getting 2-inch 5 shot groups once the WE M9A3 "broke in" (about 250 BB's). Let me know what you find that works, I'll do the same.

Hoping to find an adjustable Hop-up to exchange into it. Poseidon makes one for M9's with their "cushion air" barrel and adj quad hop-up bucking (still trying to understand how it works). I have a B&W M9A1 (pretty certain that SRC makes it) that has that Poseidon system in it. I'll try a barrel assembly swap into the WE Tech M9, just to test. The B&W does have a longer range and higher fps than my WE M9, accuracy is impressive, I got 1" 5-shot groups at 75 ft off a bench rest.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts