Why Not To Buy G&P

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by CQB, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CQB

CQB New Member

G&P has good externals. That is a not the problem. The problems are in the internals. Why buy a 300 dollar gun and have to spend 120 dollars to use it.

-Bad Gears (Even with perfect shimming)
    -Bad motor
    -Bad piston & piston head

The vital internals suck, and your spending 300 dollars. Might as well get the KWA. Just telling everyone, I own a G&P not a KWA.

2. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Ok I have heard bad piston and bad gears but bad motor? My G&P is shooting 410 fps (so pulling a decent spring) and its ROF is pretty amazing stock

3. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    It has the M120 motor, it's a speed motor and uses ferrite magnets.

4. Echo-Zero

Echo-Zero New Member

What exactly does a bad piston/piston head combo do?

I think their gears and motors may be too weak but I doubt they're that bad, I know of many people who never had an issue at stock power levels. Any gun will have issues when upgrading to more powerful springs when the stock power levels aren't very high.

5. CQB

CQB New Member

Guys, just google it. It's every where. Look at YouTube, don't just trust people on here.

6. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Yes, it's on YouTube, it must be true. I'm sure all the little 12 year olds sitting in their bedrooms doing a "review" know everything.

I've been running my G&P for almost a year now, hard use, going through a bag of ammo every game. I have not touched the internals. The barrel has not been cleaned, the gearbox has never been opened. It is as it came from the factory. It is still one of the best guns at my field, still has some of the best accuracy. I have so far not had a single problem with my G&P.

7. Jacgren

Jacgren Member

Katonah
    I personally have has experience with 3 G&P AEGs, no problems whatsoever. I've been using them for about 6 months now, they still work great. I know an older batch had a lot of lemons due to gear and/or piston failure though.

8. levirocks

arlington
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lsb7s6HmCI[/ame]

9. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    I have the exact same situation as you. I've been running mine scince last November. I have never cleaned, never opened, and I've never had any problems. No jamming, no double feeding, and semi auto works like a charm. CQB, IMO, you are dead wrong.

10. levirocks

arlington
    IMO. CQB is dead-on. G&P has a lot of problems. Their external quality isn't even that good.

11. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    I beg to differ, but I respect your opinion. All I know is that my rifle has never let me down, and it probabley never will.

12. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize Active Member

OKC
    This is the start of flame war 3 lol.

13. Shady

My speakers are messed up so I can't view the video. I'm assuming that's carp from CQB radio?

14. levirocks

arlington
    No it's EDI1st. Good video.

15. teamm4

teamm4 New Member

Ok this is just going to get into a huge argument, if someone says they have a great experience then eventually somebody will say no way or something stupid that's going to make the other person mad...if somebody has a bad experience or if they have 2 bad experiences in a row with the same company then all the lovers will say don't worry everyone it's just a lemon gun...

16. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    EDI likes CAs. That is a whole other discussion though.

17. Shady

Bottom line is, everyone has their favorite brand. Everyone has good and bad experiences with individual brands. There are several threads over the pros/cons of G&Ps.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.