Why People Stop Airsofting

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by willer2122, Oct 16, 2012.

1. willer2122

willer2122 New Member

Pittsburgh
    This really used to confuse me not too long ago. Now, I know the answer.

I got really into the sport in the past 2 years. Graduated to a cyma AK, then to a 'real gun', a G&G f2000. I loved the sport, and since I moved a year and a half ago, I got really into the forums here and made a ton of friends at the small local field. Almost every weekend during the summer, I was there playing and hanging out. Then sophmore year came. I started hanging out with school friends, getting into clubs and sports, and working at the field. With all of this (plus some family issues) going on, I really have not much time at all to actually play. This is my first time on the forum in more than 2 months, and this weekend will be my first game played in almost as long.

Basically, when people quit, life catches up to them and they have almost no time for it any more. I will not be quitting, but i no longer have so much free time to invest into airsoft

2. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    I like when people I don't know or play with quit. I gives me a chance to buy their stuff for really cheap.

3. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    People I used to play with quit because they developed a feud towards my other friend players. So now 3 of my friends refuse to play. Which confuses me because I understand that they hate each other but that's more of a reason to play. You get to hunt down and shoot at the person you hate. Am I the only one that sees that?

4. Scarred

Scarred New Member

Then they think you're a stalker because you message then ten times a day. You will never win, IHOP. ;)

5. AznMunkay

AznMunkay New Member

Providence
    Over here people quit because they have other things to do such as, their car, dirtbike/atv, and sometimes just plain video games, most of the time it's because of their girlfriends lol.

6. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    i'm pretty sure if you're playing to shoot people you don't like and thats your only reason to keep playing you should probably stop playing and get some anger managment class.

7. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    I agree completely. However I need to take advantage of these situations more often.

8. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

People usually quit airsoft for these reasons:

They move
    They need to sell their guns for money
    Their social life improves to the point of being invited to a lot of events that aren't airsoft related
    They go into the military
    They become uninterested

...and numerous other reasons. Personally, I don't have any problem with it. I sort of like airsoft being a "background" sport.

9. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Although I rarely play nowadays (organizing the events instead of playing, work, family, etc.) I never really quit airsoft.

10. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    I quit for 8 months recently. Then I came back realizing I'm not good at anything besides barrel assemblies :(

11. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor

Lot of people quit to fund real steel as well.

12. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    Lately I've been making meme's so I figured I'd post this one here.

Attached Files:

13. airsoftaddict89

airsoftaddict89 New Member

Picayune.
    I recently moved, and I have to drive an hour to go play Airsoft at a paintball field. Paintball rules and Airsoft don't go together very well. My mom (yes I'm very young) keeps telling me I need to find a new hobby. I'm pretty close to quitting.

Sad thing is though, i know allot of noobs who are very new to the sport. So I decided to start hosting Airsoft games for 2 reasons: Promote Airsoft, and gun/airsoft safety. Still working on property though. Hopefully it'll become popular.

14. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    I have had a couple friends quit because of a team in the area that has shown a lot of bad sportsmanship. they don't call hits, they bully a game director into changing things to work to their advantage, they run hot guns that their teammates who somehow get to run the chrono pass. and many other things.
    this is why good players should not quit! they should keep playing and adress the issues @ the field!
    we should push out the players who cause airsoft more harm!

15. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    I push them out with a lot of BBs on the field.

16. willer2122

willer2122 New Member

Pittsburgh
    Yeah, that too :D :D :D :D

17. ZakDaMack

ZakDaMack New Member

Stevenage
    I feel that this post is just too true. Since my friend had a "feud" with a marshal (long story), he doesn't seem to want to play anymore and always comesup with excuses to not go. It's a shame really because I feel like im losing interest in the sport aswell despite splashing out money on a new gun and gear

18. echo1 vmg-74

echo1 vmg-74 Active Member

Richmond
    I get bored of it at times and come back to it later. Also it can be expensive

19. FSTK

FSTK Member

The only place close to our area is Ukau's. About a year ago: I used to run with a bunch of regulars there: even exchanged numbers and went out after games to eat. Fun times all around.

However, since they're the only area within the Sac County (besides Airsoft Battlegrounds), they've used that position to jack their entry fees up and the experience is very sub-par by comparison to other fields in the Bay Area. I still go, but the regulars I used to see don't go anymore. When I asked why: we've agreed that that field isn't any good and that there isn't any nearby fields to go to. IMO, it's not the expenses that bothers me, but the expenses don't justify the level of service.

20. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    Im quitting, for a few reasons:

1. i never play anymore
    2. im getting into real steel shooting
    3. im leaving for basic in a month and a half
    4. i spend all of my money on airsoft

im selling my guns to fund my real steel shotgun. im keeping only my glock, as a show piece and to play occasional games with friends or whatever. But i'll probably still be semi-active here.