Why you don't wear shop glasses.

Discussion in 'Airsoft Images & Video' started by beanmaster50, Dec 9, 2012.

1. beanmaster50

beanmaster50 New Member

Superior
    Alot of people ask why my local field does not allow shop glasses.
    Here is why:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O7p5pO4uH4[/ame]

2. brockolson97

brockolson97 New Member

Superior, Wisconsin
    IF YOU WHERE SHOP GLASSES, the ghost of the snowman will find you.

3. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
  4. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    While this is somewhat interesting, there are definitely shooting glasses that can take the abuse of airsoft guns with ease. This is not why we don't wear them. We don't wear shooting glasses because bbs can enter from the side and contact the eye. This is a far more serious problem because it affects all shooting glasses regardless of how strong they are. It doesn't matter if your shooting glasses can survive a shot gun blast, they're still going to let a bb slip behind them. They can't protect what they don't cover.

5. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Well like Knief said, there are plenty of glasses that can take that, and that's not the reason you shouldn't use them. I mean, they did it on crosmans. Also, I figured I'd just get the word out for this too, those crosman full face mask things, don't buy them. They crack very easy on the goggles part. Also, the face part is very brittle and is prone to letting BBs through.

6. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Have fun with a stripped piston.

7. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    What a great rate of fire, I'd put him up for hire.

8. brockolson97

brockolson97 New Member

Superior, Wisconsin
    I have put many shop glasses to the test. So far only two kinds have survived 400 fps with .25g. Sad isn't it. The main reason though is because they let bbs slip through, you are correct on that.