Will a 25000 rpm High Torque Short axis motor handle a m120 spring?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by applesauce, Oct 11, 2012.

1. applesauce

applesauce New Member

I am planning to buy a G&G combat machine m4a1. This will be my first gun, but I also want to put in a m120 spring with a new spring guide. Is this a good combination to buy it with?
    Edit: Oh I and I have another question, will a m110 spring do well?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  2. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Link the motor please. I have no idea of what you're talking about.

Check out HivemindAirsoft.com for a Lonex A1 motor. It's one of the best motors on the
    market, and will pull anything that you want.

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Free advertising eh? Lol. I may have to start getting some parts from you instead of Ben.

OP, what motor are you talking about? Your question is too vague.

4. applesauce

applesauce New Member

It's the stock motor of the g&g combat machine m4a1. I couldn't find the link apparently.

5. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Nope. G&G CMs have several problems, one of them being that the motor is quite weak, and therefore unable to pull much more than the stock spring. Do as Mystery suggested up there^^ and buy a Lonex.

6. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It should pull an M120 spring on the stock gears just fine with a strong battery. Most stock motors will handle an M120 spring on stock gears. I agree with the others about getting a Lonex motor, they make excellent motors.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  7. applesauce

applesauce New Member

Okay, the thing is, since I'm on a EXTREMELY tight budget. Either I get a gun with a new spring or just the gun. I'm getting it with a 9.6v battery too. So would a m110 work well?

8. applesauce

applesauce New Member

Btw, i'm a COMPLETE noob at upgrading stuff, so please excuse my stupidness.

9. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It should work very well with an M110 spring. With good compression you should get up to 370fps with that spring.

10. applesauce

applesauce New Member

Ok thanks, I really appreciate your time answering my questions! :)