Will a transmitter battery work?

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Courage, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
  2. schmidty

schmidty New Member

Washington D.C.
    Most lipo batteries are ~$10, why not just buy those?

3. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    I dont use Lipos. I prefer NiMhs, easier.

4. schmidty

schmidty New Member

Washington D.C.
    NiMh is out dated technology. Lipo is the way to go, and it's very simple; there isn't much of a learning curve.

5. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    While I have considered Lipos, and thanks for the help, but I just need this question answered.

6. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    NiMH are just as dangerous... here's one that caught fire at the indoor arena:

[​IMG]

7. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    Guys, I really appreiciate the info, but Im not switching to Lipos. I dont care about any of this, I JUST NEED TO KNOW IF THIS BATTERY WOULD WORK FOR AIRSOFT

8. Griffin

Griffin New Member Supporting Member

Wires look pretty small & it might not provide enough amps(?).

Give it a shot though, it's only $4.99.

9. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Like griffen said at 5.00 give it a shot. If it doesn't work you don't loose much. Only downside to that battery is the size & shape. It looks to big to fit inside an airsoft gun or PEQ box. You would have to run a battery bag or bring out the ducktape.

10. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    looks like the size contains 4 AA size batteries. similar to a 9.6v 2000mAH nunchuck. you will need to replace the wires with at least 18awg and add your preferred battery connectors or it will heat up and create resistance (losing RPS and quickly draining).

11. Adman234

Adman234 New Member

Wildwood
    Like alex said, that wire is like 22 awg. You need to switch it out with better wire (including where the batteries contact each other, not just the main wire)

If you are willing to do that work, go for it. Or pick up 2 7.4 lipos for $20 and a balance charger for $10 and not have to do any work on them.

12. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    I get it, Lipos are good, but I dont want to buy a battery bag, new charger, lipo alarm.

13. Thunderbo15

Thunderbo15 New Member

Saint Charles
    You don't neccesarily *need* any of that besides the balance charger, which you can find one that charges lipos AND NiMH batteries and sell your old one lol. Although it would be good to have them, you can pretty much get the bag and alarm for like $5

14. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    i only use the bag to store puffed up LiPo's... alarms are no longer used, but a $3.00 LiPo volt meter comes in very handy. LiPo's are cheap, get 10x...