Will an shs standard long type motor power an m120?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by W3aTh3rmAn, Jul 23, 2012.

1. W3aTh3rmAn

W3aTh3rmAn New Member

OK guys so my g&g raider l motor is toasted, i dropped an m120 into my gun and my motor fried up in my first battle, everything worked fine, now my gun has a jg m41 motor and is shooting considerably faster. My 2 problems/concers are my guns internals will wear out with a higher speed and my 2 mag brand mid caps dont feed neither does my stock 350 rd high cap.
    Thanks guys!

2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If the internal parts are of decent quality and is properly installed and tuned, they should last several seasons before needing a service. What's your budget limit? If you don't mind spending a bit of cash, then I highly recommend the Lonex A2. it's a fairly slow motor, but it's very durable, and has tons of torque, it will pull an M120 like it's air. With a 9.6v ni-mh I would expect the rof to be in the low 20's, it should be around 20 rps with a 7.4v li-po.

What's your current rps? If you're having feeding issues below 25 rps, you're either using bad bb's, your mags are bad, or your gun has a feeding issue. This can be caused by a worn tappetplate or a misaligned feeding tube or a poorly fitted hop-up bucking.

3. W3aTh3rmAn

W3aTh3rmAn New Member

I just ordered a new bucking and my rof is probly around low 20's

4. bobalini

bobalini New Member

Thousand Oaks
    Your mag miss should not have feeding problems that is my go to mag for 60+ rps. You might need to clean and lube them? You shouldn't have problems with your jg motor either

5. W3aTh3rmAn

W3aTh3rmAn New Member

So my gun should run this setup cleanly for quite a while?

6. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    adjust your AOE and clean your mags.