will any V2 gearbox fit into any M4?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by MilsimMayhem, Sep 11, 2012.

1. MilsimMayhem

MilsimMayhem New Member

Brentwood
    I do not have very much experience with working on airsoft guns but I have heard people say that installing gearboxes sometimes requires "modifications".

Specifically I am planning on installing a Polarstar engine into a PDW body but do not want to make "modifications" to the engine itself. Since a PDW is basically an M4 should I really have to worry about making major alterations?

I am OK with dremeling or filing out the inside of the PDW body if the Polarstar engine does not fit. Is that probably what I would be able to do?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. tscebu

tscebu New Member

Dayton
    The only main difference between a PDW and a version 2 M4 is that the trigger is shaped differently. Therefore, it is safe to say that the GB will fit in your gun. There might be some complications if your gun is not an EXACT tokyo marui clone. Most name brand clones (e.g. VFC, CA, JG) have the right dimensions, but even if you gun does not, there should be no problem installing the GB, though the body might require some filing.

3. Cole631

Cole631 New Member

Philadelphia
    Yes, the polar star should fit into any gun that uses a standard v2 gearbox. The only time I have had an issue is with the old style Classic Army body the pins wouldn't line up correctly when I tried another shell, but I could have probably modified it to make it fit. You should be fine with a PDW but you are probably going to lose the functionality of the right side fire selector.

4. tscebu

tscebu New Member

Dayton
    I personally just painted over the right side fire selector in my m4.

5. MilsimMayhem

MilsimMayhem New Member

Brentwood
    Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up.

6. CplFlores

CplFlores New Member

I have a DBoys M4 and am planning to save up for a P*... anyone used this external shell with the fusion engine?

7. mahzter

mahzter New Member

Macomb
    V3??

Is this the same with versions 3's, i currently own a de m89p and i am upgrading to a jg g36c gearbox

8. marv88

marv88 New Member

Would a version 2 G&P 8mm gearbox fit into a vfc HK 416D just I'm looking to buy and unsure if it would fit

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Airsoft Society mobile app

9. AnotherM4Normie

AnotherM4Normie Member

Auckland
    Please make your own topics with your questions, lads.

In brief, the answers to your respective questions are yes, no (the designs are too different to be a straight drop-in, iirc. you may need a new nozzle or something) and yes.

Cheers.