Featured Will real steel Colt Python grips fit the KWC/Umarex Python?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by OverdriveRules, Jul 22, 2020.

1. OverdriveRules

OverdriveRules New Member

As of late, I've been considering getting a KWC or Umarex Colt Python because I love the image of revolvers and I figured it'd be interesting for "pistol-only" games or even simple plinking. I have a question, however: will grips meant for a real steel Python fit this gun? The screw placement on the grips for this one looks a bit suspect, but that may just be because of the finger grooves. Still, I'd just like to be informed so I don't blow money on grips that won't fit.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    No...KWC items are not RS compatible. This is due to the power source being in the Grip (CO2)

Plus plinking accuracy is difficult beyond 10M if you want a shot group that is under 6".

3. OverdriveRules

Gee, that's too bad because the stock grips look like suck.

Also, I wasn't planning on using this as a sniper pistol.

4. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    10M is 33 feet.

One could throw more accurately at that distance than this thing can shoot.

When a distributor commissions product from KWC...its not for "looks" or performance. Its for fleecing the consumer...

5. OverdriveRules

Yeah...still not interested in sniping with a revolver. Even so, if this thing is as inaccurate as you claim it is, then what would you recommend for a guy like me who's seen all the Dirty Harry movies in addition to one too many 70s and 80s cop shows?

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Nothing made in Taiwan or China.

Tanaka or TM is your best option for an accurate plinker for up to 25M or 30 yards.

Which Cop had a Python in the 1970's and 80s?

DH had a Model 29 .44 Magnum

https://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ReviewDetail?reviewID=42

Everyone else had Snub Noses and had Gunfights beyond the effective range of the pistols.

But, the bad lady does have a Python, initially.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  7. OverdriveRules

Yeah, I was considering a Tanaka Model 29, but those seem to be as rare as the proverbial hen's teeth nowadays, so I might go with TM's Model 19. As for which cop had a Python...well, if we're still talkin' fiction, I think Hutch may have used one in Starsky & Hutch at one point.

gunnerk19 likes this.
  8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    There are one or two floating around...

Den has one

9. OverdriveRules

I'm gonna presume you're referring to the Model 29. I'm not sure who you mean by this "Den" fellow, but I'm torn as to whether I want the Model 29 or the TM Model 19. On one hand, the Model 19 is cheaper and holds more ammo from what I know, but the Model 29 has more FPS, plus it's THE Dirty Harry gun. Also, I think I found a retailer that has the Model 29 in stock.

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    DEN is Dentrinity in Hong Kong.

11. OverdriveRules

Actually, looking at the website, I think I came across them before.

12. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    That is a WinGun...KWC at least is made better internally.

13. OverdriveRules

UPDATE: OK, so after talking with a friend today, I've decided I'm going with the Tokyo Marui Model 19. My new problem is this: finding gas for it. Searches for HFC134a have proven difficult, and one retailer claimed it was even banned! I came across this gas called HFC144a, and I'm wondering if this is even a good substitute. If so, what's the best brand of such gas...that is, assuming that's even such a thing?

14. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
  15. interceptor

interceptor Active Member Supporting Member

Los Angeles
    I thought the TM Glock 19 was blowback.

16. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Active Member

^ it is, he might be thinking of the Mk23.

I've been running mine on propane for half a year and have not had any problems yet

17. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    I made no mistake.

Tokyo Marui Model 19 is a NBB Gas Revolver.

[​IMG]

"Major features"
    • 24-Fire Mechanism: Six BB rounds are stored in each of the six holes in the cylinder. Originally, the M19, which has 6 rounds, has achieved 24 rounds. Of course, when the BB bullet is loaded, the cylinder will expand to the left side.
    • Achieves high real shooting performance: V-type hop packing that holds the BB bullet firmly and stabilizes the trajectory, and a movable loading nozzle that efficiently sends the gas in the grip are adopted.
    • Realistic operation: You can shoot with both a single action that manually operates the hammer and then pull the trigger, and a double action that the hammer operates and fires just by pulling the trigger.
    • Wood-type Square Bat Lip Equipment: A wood-type grip with a medallion has a non-slip checker ring.
    • Adjustable rear sight: The rear sight can be adjusted left, right, up and down by the driver.

Which isn't a Tokyo Marui Glock 19

[​IMG]

aotsukisho likes this.
  18. OverdriveRules

OK, I'll certainly consider that stuff. Now to find a proper nozzle...

19. interceptor

interceptor Active Member Supporting Member

Los Angeles
    My bad - I thought I saw the word "Glock" but it was an optical illusion.

According to the TM website, all gas revolvers are out of production. Do they still make the Model 19?