Will this battery fit

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Computertech, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Computertech

Computertech New Member

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    No dimensions, so no way to know, but judging by the picture, no it won't fit.
    You need to be specific, "the burst wizard MOSFET" can be anything.

I will say this, Mosfets ONLY work as TRUE MOSFETS when they're hard wired directly to the trigger contacts. If they're not wired directly, they're not true mosfets, and you will NOT get the mosfet qualities at all.

3. I_Am_Coopa

I_Am_Coopa New Member Supporting Member

Escanaba
    You should be able to search for batteries that will fit in certain stocks.

As for the burst wizard, don't waste your money. Those things are a gimmick. The only way to get the benefits of a MOSFET is by hardwiring them to the trigger contacts.

You can get a great MOSFET from zardichar airsoft for around $20. Get a tech to install it. In the long run, it's hard to beat except for maybe a fully computerized FET.

4. axlej11

axlej11 Active Member Supporting Member

Freeland
    Don't get that battery either lol. You can get 5 batteries for that price at hobbyking.

5. kazuma5201

kazuma5201 New Member

Raleigh
    A bit of an exaggeration there, but you're still correct in that sense that he can absolutely get at least 2 of the same quality LiPos from HobbyKing for that price.

6. kazuma5201

kazuma5201 New Member

Raleigh
    If you're going to get a LiPo to throw in a Crane Stock... it's highly likely unless it's a "Stick" or more preferably "Crane" type/shape, I don't think it will fit. I had to crudely fashion an external pouch out of an old Glasses protecter case and velcro it to the side of my gun. My 11.1 40c was huge. Even if it wasn't, there's no way it would have fit in the handguard.

Mosfets are generally pretty small, the size of two dimes next to eachother. The thickness of up to 3 quarters stacked together. Something like that.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  7. Computertech

Computertech New Member

Could anyone link me to one that will fit? I checked hobby king and haven't found a specific one.

8. axlej11

axlej11 Active Member Supporting Member

Freeland
    I payed $8 or my 11.1 from hobby king. 8 x 5 = 45. It might have been a little more, not sure. Been quite a while since I got it. It may not be of the same specifications but it's still significantly cheaper than the ones sold by airsoft retailers. It fits in a crane stock just fine. Its a Turnergy Nanotech 11.1 15c 1200 mah battery. One of the stick ones. Underpowered for an 11.1? Yes. But for my setup its perfectly fine.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  9. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Please note, I'm not recommending these specific batteries...

These are the last 2 batteries I purchased for a crane stock. From what I remember, both fit with little to no problem. If the specs aren't what you're looking for, use the battery's dimensions as a reference point to get an idea of the battery size to purchase. I believe the 128mm long battery was a tight fit, but did fit, so I wouldn't go longer than that.
    Additionally, I'd recommend a battery pouch. Doesn't have to be for primary use, but it's a nice "Just-in-case" type thing if you ever need to use/borrow a battery that won't fit in your stock.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=17282
    https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=17285