WinGun Revolver Mod

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by TYSONtheSNIPER, Mar 6, 2013.

1. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Hey everyone. Do you own a WinGun revolver? Are you tired of it collecting dust because it shoots to hard to pass chrono tests at your local field? Well, so am I!!!

But, there is a way to lower your WinGuns CRAZY FPS.

And here's my guide I've created for it using my WG .357 revolver. Enjoy!!

Things you'll need:

-a Philips screwdriver .
    -a dremel (or something that can cut through metal).
    -safety glasses and gloves (when using the dremel, nobody wants to loose a finger or an eye today).
    -(optional) a variety of washers of different thicknesses.
    -steady hands... Because working inside of guns is always easier when your not shaking uncontrollably.

Alright, now assuming your comfortable with opening your guns, let's get started!!!

STEP 1:

Remove you revolvers grip. This should be easy to do, but if not, here's some pictures and an explanation.

[​IMG]
    Here's your revolver. Now, pull back your grip so it looks like so...
    [​IMG]
    Then pull up the top corner part, and remove...
    [​IMG]
    Now it looks like this, turn it like so...
    [​IMG]
    Then pull the sides away from the gun where the arrows are marked, then pull it forward.
    [​IMG]
    It should now look like this... Good job, you completed step 1... If for some reason you didn't... I'm worried about you :(

STEP 2:

get your screwdriver because its time to get on in there.

[​IMG]

I generously circled the screws you must take off, your welcome :D

Now, once you get all them off, simply remove the side portion of the revolver to reveal.....

[​IMG]

THIS SCARY MESS!!!!!!! good job, you just completed step 2!!! Now don't touch anything!!!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  2. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    STEP 3:

Now that It's open and you can see the stuff that makes this gun work, its time to take stuff out of it!!

More importantly, this big contraption.
    [​IMG]
    Now, looking at this image, you'll notice the arrows pointing to that black dot. That's the only thing holding it in.

Soooooo, holding the hammer and keeping a finger on the trigger assembly (so it doesn't pop out of place), pull it upwards...

Now your left with this...
    [​IMG]
    Good job you completed step 3!!!

STEP 4:

GET READY TO CHOP STUFF UP!!!!!!

but first, take this badboy off of that hammer thing.
    [​IMG]

Once off, make a reference line to cut, but don't make it to big, because you want the spring and spring guide to fit back into the hole at the top. Here's how I did mine...
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, I'm JUST cutting the bottom off.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not cut the top portion off, if you remove the little hole at the top, you've ruined it.

Now, fire up your cutting machine, put on your safety equipment, and cut away!!!

Your end result should look something like this...
    [​IMG]
    That little bottom chunk is what you cut off... See, you don't need to take off a lot.

Good job, you completed step 4!!!

STEP 5:

Time to reassemble it. And, now you'll see why you may or may not want those washers. But first, once assembled you'll have something like this...
    [​IMG]
    It hardly looks any different from when you opened it up... BUTTTT, because you removed that chunk from the bottom of you metal block thingy you'll notice that the spring isn't as compressed. Because of that, the hammer will strike lighter and less gas will be released. That will result in a lower FPS.

Now, you can tweak it with those washers. By adding them like sooo...
    [​IMG]
    By adding the washers, your able to change the FPS. This way you can set it as close to whatever velocity you want.

So now the explanation is complete, time to put your revolvers side panel back on, and test your FPS.

Yaaaay, you completed the the final step!!! Now, just test your FPS. If its still to high, remove more metal from the block, if its to low, add some washers.

Here is my final result using Elite Force .20 BB's (without any washers).

[​IMG]

Not bad, now I can actually use the darn gun, lol.

Anyway, I hope you liked the guide, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Need any extra help also feel free to ask.

NEW GUIDE UP: Just finished writing up another Mod, this ones a little tougher then this one. It's located on page 3. Check it out :D

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013

3. moomoose

moomoose Member

Eagle
    Does this have any effect on gas efficiency?

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    No, if anything, your gas should last longer then it would've before. Although, even when I ran it on its high (stock) FPS, I wouldn't run out of gas. Those capsules last a loooong time...

5. ExtremMilSimOP

ExtremMilSimOP New Member

Good guide! I might actually consider grabbing one of these now, as their stupidly high pistol FPS was essentially the final nail in the coffin for me aquiring one.

I like the terminology you used, "the metal block", "that hammer thing", "this big contraption". Lol. I might even suggest a sticky for the gas section; there's barely any stickies there anyways, so I don't see why it would hurt to add another helpful one.

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Thanks man, I had fun writing this guide (as you could probably tell, lol). Might add another mod into it that I'm considering doing to my revolver.

7. ExtremMilSimOP

ExtremMilSimOP New Member

What would it be? I doubt there are many people besides you who think up modifications for WinGuns lol.

I wonder how it would look if you got the 8 inch black one and glued a threaded tip on the end, in order to add a 12' barrel extension xD

8. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    It's TOP SECRET (Lol), although I'm not the first person to do it. I'll probably experiment with the gun itself a bit, then as I figure more stuff out I'll post it up.

Stay tuned, if all works, this gun will become a good skirmishing BEAST!!!

Also, I like how you think... Hmmmmmm.

9. S0m3_0n3

S0m3_0n3 Member

Good guide, one question though, couldn't you just clip the hammer spring down coil by coil to lower the FPS instead of cutting that metal block?

10. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Stickied. Good work sir.

11. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Wow. Awesome guide. Thanks, man.

12. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Great guide.

Bookmarked for future use...

13. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Ya, that would get the same job done. I guess this way is just a different method.

Awesome, thanks!!!

Thank you Fyzix. I'm glad people are liking it.

Awesome, it'll be nice to see more revolvers in use.

14. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Exceptional!
    Question for you, how consistent does the gun shoot after the mod? Just out of curiosity.

15. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Because the gun is inconsistent from the beginning its consistency is poor for the most part. But, once the mod was done to mine it stayed below 300 fps (some weird shots even below 200 on some of my readings from my chrono). Although, I've found that by cocking the hammer Vs. Pulling the trigger each shot, your FPS is usually higher. I believe this is because it puts more tension in the spring, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

16. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    No worries man. I was just curious, like I said. I love reading about these little mods. Again, nice work. Always nice to see/read concise mod tutorials.

17. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Thanks, I really had a fun time doing the mod and writing the tutorial. I'm glad people like it.

18. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Good news everyone!!!

farnsworth.jpg

That TOP SECRET mod I was talking about, well I've finished it.

A new guide for this Mod should be up soon, after testing that is :D

19. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Do you have any idea if this would work with their 1911? I could score one for pretty cheap, but I'm not gonna get it if I can't...

20. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Unfortunately I have zero experience with the WG 1911. However, because its magazine feed I'm thinking this particular method wouldn't work.