Winter side arm

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by evan2634, Nov 3, 2012.

1. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

2. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    No. EBB pistols have the performance of a potato. If you want an AEP, get one that is not blow back. Even better, get a CO2 pistol.

3. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

I second the co2 pistol:
    co2 works much better than green gas/propane in the winter.

4. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I'd stay away from socom gear, their gas pistols are usually OEM by WE TECH. Although this is a unique model, so it may be different with this one. IMO just stay away from the SOCOM gear pistols.

5. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    I completely agree with you. The first gun I linked is the best of the two. The Keltech was included for a unique looking model.

6. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

7. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    I don't see anything about Umarex in the description or title. All I know is that it will work in the winter.

8. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

It says manufacturer umarex.

9. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    No it doesn't . It says:

Manufacturer: Elite Force

10. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Umarex just licenses stuff. The vfc 416-417 are licensed by umarex I believe. You'll be fine with it. The kjw m1911s can use c02 magazines, if you'd like them?

11. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    You could always just get a GBB that also accepts CO2 mags. That would work also.

12. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Like the KJW M1911s like I said.

13. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Yeah, I got sniped on that if you notice the times. I'm actually getting a KJW 1911 in a trade. Its coming with some CO2 mags, when it gets here I will let you know how it performs.

14. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

image-1670948273.jpg

No it doesn't..........

15. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    [​IMG]
    It says Elite Force on the actual website and Umarex on the mobile version.

Neither Elite Force nor Umarex manufacture anything, however.

16. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    Look under specifications. I think we are both wrong. It's probably China made.

Edit: thank you IHOP

17. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Even in winter CO2 guns won't be that great. The cold still affects them, While not as drastic as it does to GG don't expect it to operate like it would durning the warmer seasons.

If it were me I would put that money into my primary gun to make sure that it is at it's peak performance.

The best sidearm / backup gun you could get for winter would be a tri-shot shotgun. You could sling it over your back or get a scrapboard for it and attach it to your vest or PC if you run one.

Also don't forget that AEG's go down a lot durning winter as well. Last time I played a winter game lots of peoples AEGs didn't work or didn't last long due to the battery getting cold. I suggest running a LIPO if you are not already as they fare much better during winter and just overall are a better battery. If not use hand warmers to keep battery warm.

18. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

Alright thanks. Are you the one that said your crosman tri shot was better than your utg tri shot? I saw it on the forum I don't know who said it

19. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Yes / no
    In my personal experiance the crossman shot better than the UTG I had. I recieved both used so that plays a factor into it as well.

Either one will get the job done. And being a spring gun it's great for winter as you don't have to rely on gas or batteries.