Woodland Digital Camo

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Snipermike, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Snipermike

Snipermike New Member

So Im thinking about getting Woodland Digital camo pants,shirt,jacket,and all that good stuff. I mean it looks cool and it looks like it will blend in nicely with the outdoors during outdoor battles. So is it good? Are their any better camos? Also I have a Woodland (regular not digital) camo vest so would digital camo go good with that would it look ok? Thanks guys!

2. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Woodland digital is a cheap poorly copied knock off of MARPAT. I would suggest that you go to your local military surplus store and pick up some real MARPAT BDUs. I don't think a woodland vest would go well with it IMO.

3. VTMZ

VTMZ New Member

Paducah
    Coyote brown gear goes best with Woodland MARPAT.

4. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    works well in GA...

[​IMG]

5. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    If you want good Digital Woodland, get it from Propper.

And they're not cheap poorly copied knock-offs either.

6. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Not entirely true. MARPAT can't be sold directly to civilians, so a number of camo manufacturers, some better than others, have developed similar patterns and pretty universally call them "Woodland digital" or some close variation (there's also Desert Digital, same idea). Now, none of these are true copies of issue MARPAT, but that doesn't mean they're all bad. As 1badweasel noted, Propper's Woodland Digital is very nice. They're one of a couple companies that make real MARPAT for the Marines. They've adjusted some colors a bit for their Woodland Digital so as not to step on any toes, but otherwise, it's as close to the real thing as us civvies can buy new.

For contrast, Rothco makes some downright terrible digital patterns. Both their woodland and desert have both the colors and pattern all wrong, and the material is cheap as hell. There are a lot more Rothco-like Woodland Digital patterns out there. In general, if you're buying the civvy stuff, shell out the extra cash for Propper.

My advice, however, is to buy used MARPAT on ebay. You can get it for cheaper than the good Woodland Digital patterns and it's a hell of a lot better than the cheap Woodland Digital patterns. Plus, you get the pattern that's proven to work in the colors it's meant to be used in. It's always going to be the most effective of the lot.

7. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Knief basically took everything out my mouth.
    Just remember to match the camo with the area you play in. I've been using Marpat top and OD bottoms. It works well in 80% of the fields I play on, a couple make more sense to have ACU because the trees and bushes are of a lighter color.

I personally love Desert MARPAT, but in Florida there's MAYBE 2 places to effectively wear it.

8. Snipermike

Snipermike New Member

well heres another question then: I am sort of on a low budget and im 13 so I dont think they have MARPAT and all that for my size,so Which camo blends in better; Woodland Camo or Woodland Digital Camo?

9. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Can't you buy it straight from a PX?

10. Duke

Duke New Member

I had to get mine from the base uniform shop, they also have a ton of gear to look through!

11. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    The official name for that is PX. So, yes, I can get them at a PX, you can get them at a PX, Knief can get them at a PX.

12. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus New Member

Yep any PX, BX, NEX, MCX or CGX..

13. Duke

Duke New Member

The PX is the base exchange. The uniform shop is a completely separate building.

14. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Tru-Spec and Propper will have the digital woodland in your size.
    Tru-Spec:
    Pants
    http://www.desertdeucesurplus.com/servlet/the-1746/TRU-dsh-SPEC-Tactical-Response-Uniform/Detail
    Combat Shirt
    http://www.desertdeucesurplus.com/servlet/the-1777/TRU-dsh-SPEC-Tactical-Response-Combat/Detail
    Combat Jacket
    http://www.desertdeucesurplus.com/servlet/the-1212/TRU-dsh-SPEC-Combat-Jacket--dsh-/Detail

Propper
    Pants
    http://www.desertdeucesurplus.com/servlet/the-2479/Propper-Genuine-Gear-BDU/Detail
    Jacket
    http://www.desertdeucesurplus.com/servlet/the-2482/Propper-Genuine-Gear-BDU/Detail

15. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    I was under the impressions that civilians couldn't buy from the exchanges. Is that not the case?

16. Duke

Duke New Member

Usually that is the case, but if you have a family member in the military you get issued a dependent MID card which allows you to buy from the exchange/uniform shops. I have found this a great way to pick up military issue BDUs for reasonable pricing.

17. Parallel38Airsoft

Parallel38Airsoft New Member

Knoxville
    Most hole in the wall military surplus stores close to bases would have them as well. Of course it would be used, but like our local surplus sells a complete set for $30.00!

18. Snipermike

Snipermike New Member

all thats great but which one is better Digital or regular woodland lol

19. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    Its all about your location. Just get regular woodland.

20. Parallel38Airsoft

Parallel38Airsoft New Member

Knoxville
    Definately depends on the environment you plan on being in. With our foliage here in TN woodland is decent during the summer months, but you stand out like a biker in a china shop during the winter.