Words or phrases you've originally came up with.

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by Retrospection, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    I've came up with a few words and phrases recently and decided to see what others think and if they have made a few of their own.

My first is Retrospection- the act of looking back on/ and or doing something of the past. Other forms include retrospecting, and rarely used retrospected.

Second is Prossibly- a combination of the words probably and possibly. Meaning it possibly might.

Third is a phrase: If they... ...then they are communist.

2. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    So this is a thread of made up words ? I don't really see the point in it. If you add a word to a sentence that only you know how are we supposed to understand it unless you add the definition everytime you use it ?

3. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    I usually don't use these words on here, but I do at my school to people I know.

4. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Did you know that "retrospection" has its roots in "retrospect", which is an actual word, so no, you did not invent this one. You just twisted and played around with it.

5. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    True, however in the original form of retrospect, it is a noun. Retrospection is a verb, in which no other verb shares the same meaning. Thus creating what I'd say is a new word. However I do not argue what you say as that's exactly how I came up with it.

6. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    No, retrospection is not a verb. "To retrospect" is a verb. "Retrospection" is the action of retrospectiong, therefore a noun.

Don't get me started on grammar.

7. Squirrel8811

Squirrel8811 New Member

Passeras. Got behind a slow car one day and just yelled "dude just passeras"! If you still dont get it (pass her ***).

8. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    Its my word, and my definition is the act of looking and or doing something of the past. Retrospect means in past, or in hindsight. You can't "to hindsight".

9. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    I feel like this thread is turning into english class...

10. RCV

RCV New Member

Fixed that for you. .

11. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    I cannot "to hindsight" but I can "retrospect".
    http://en.bab.la/conjugation/english/retrospect

12. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    True that.
    My buddy and I have made up words but they arn't appropriate for the forum.

13. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
  14. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    Forum turning into English class? You know guys, the problem is that today's kids are basically 24/7 on the internet spelling like idiots, using dumb text speak and make words up. They do not care for proper spelling and grammar at school and instead get excused "because, you know Mr. Teacher, my kid probably is dyslexic. Let it go".

If we do not want our society (in general, not just Airsoft Society) to deteriorate, we need to educate those who need it, if the rest of the society just does not care. It is sad to see that I use better English than half the people here.

15. Grudge

Grudge New Member

Winnipeg
    I spake Ehlich berry goodly!!!!!

16. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    Shifty, I see your point. However, I did not come up with these words by texting on the internet, phone, or anything relative. Retrospection came to me by a combination of my friend's Minecraft user-name (Introspection) and me always doing things of the past for example, I still play nintendo and sega games, I listen to 70s and 80s music, and I still have and regularly use a 1970s walk-man. Prossibly I came up with when I was talking with friends and they asked if I was busy the following weekend, I had a moment when I think of two words to say and then say them as so. The communist phrase, I'm not sure, but it wasn't because I have bad grammar.

17. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    I backslap kids who use "lol" and other 'shorts' in real sentences. Excuse my language, but that S*** needs to stop. I'm completely on your side, Shifty. You know the situation is deteriorating when you hear 19 year olds complaining about it.

18. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    "Shorts"? The term is acronym, and that is not even close to the purpose.

19. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    Excuse me? I'm simply trying to agree with the point Shifty was making about today's generation use of grammar and punctuation. There was definatley no specific term I had to use to describe what I ment, as long as it was in context.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  20. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    I did not aim my critique at you. At least not primarily.
    I am not nineteen, don't worry.