"Worn" rifle look

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by shadowairsoft09, Nov 25, 2012.

1. shadowairsoft09

shadowairsoft09 New Member

I have been searching all over this site to figure out how to create a worn looking paint job for my m4 but I haven't found one. If someone could tell me how it's done I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

image-3067184543.jpg

Such as that rifle

2. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear

3. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    What you could do is, paint your gun but don't put any clear coat on, and just use it as the paint flakes off.

4. DadCRO

DadCRO Member

That is what I was going to say. Once you've reached the point that you like the look of, THEN put the clear coat on.

5. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Yep, the best method is to paint it lightly with a flat tan, go over it even more lightly with a flat brown, and then use the thing a bunch. Alternately, you can take some steel wool to the high traffic areas like the pistol grip, the area around the mag release, the bottom of the mag well, and any edges that stick out.

6. Sniper6299

Sniper6299 New Member

What I would do is paint it with whatever color you want then when it dries paint spots of the same or lighter color on little parts of the gun.