Would anyone be Interested in a Two Day Event at a Warehouse?

Discussion in 'Illinois Airsoft Forum' started by Gh0st_0X, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Gh0st_0X

Gh0st_0X New Member

Des Plaines
    I’m currently talking with this guy that owns a warehouse that is decently sized with a large outside as well. Would people be interested in a large event hosted? If so then I’ll try to get it set up and provide you all with more info

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Do you have any experience running events?

If you do, I am sure you can get Mir to go in on it with you and then you can get a really big draw.

3. Gh0st_0X

Gh0st_0X New Member

Des Plaines
    I sadly do not have any experience.
    But I’d be absolutely willing to partner up with people that do!

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    What are the specs on the venue?

5. Gh0st_0X

Gh0st_0X New Member

Des Plaines
    I have asked the warehouse owner and I am waiting for a response! I’ll keep you updated

6. wetpee

wetpee Active Member

Chicago
    Are you by chance in Des Plaines, IL? I have a team of 10+ guys. We would be more than excited to play at a place like that.

7. Gh0st_0X

Gh0st_0X New Member

Des Plaines
    Sadly it isn’t in Des Plaines, I actually also live here and would love to have something here, but it’s really difficult to find something. The warehouse is in Chicago and I’m trying to get it all set up but the owner is starting to be a bit sketchy

8. wetpee

wetpee Active Member

Chicago
    We're from all over -- kind of centering around the chicago area. Everyone's willing to drive. We've been to the last few Mir Tactical events, Iowa, Wisco.. Next up is Florida in December for which 10 of us are taking an RV together to get there.

Let me know if there's anything we can do to help out. This hobby needs more places to play, especially around the city. I'm sure the owner would want some solid reassurance that people will be smart and professional. He/She may be concerned about the type of people a sport revolving around replica firearms may attract, so a meeting of some sort with local community members might be just the thing ease some nerves.

Not all of us have socials, but here's a good chunk of us on Instagram plus our team page
    @HavocDevGroup
    Individual members pages:
    @Midwest.tech <-------- that's me
    @brad_beard_airsoft
    @train4perfection
    @havocsquad_callsignpreacher
    @havocsquad_slav_hs16
    @havocdg_irish
    @havocs_dev_roach_____
    @yzfbeckwithw21
    @jkendrickairsoft

9. Gh0st_0X

Gh0st_0X New Member

Des Plaines
    I completely agree, we definitely need more places to play. The closest spot that I am able to go to is Legacy Park all the way in Lockport and while I’m willing to drive. I would prefer other spots that are closer. So I understand the importance of getting this spot set up. It isnt that the Warehouse owner doesn’t trust us. It is more of the fact that they are being sketchy with not sending of specifications of the warehouse nor sending proper papers and permits. I want new spots just as much as all you guys! But I also want us to be doing this legally and as safely as possible.

OutlawAirsoft likes this.
  10. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    Legally and safely are the key words there... too many players don't follow the rules and don't play safely and they end up making all airsofters look careless and reckless.

Just like when a few people use real guns badly, the rest of us end up paying with tighter restrictions and higher prices.

11. wetpee

wetpee Active Member

Chicago
    Keep things tight knit.
    Again if there's anything we can do to help, let me know. One of our members has been working on a place for training and been talking heavily about trying to start a field. Among us we have 2 replica technicians. You guys might just be the perfect people to get in touch. We are all very committed to the sport and willing to help expand the Midwest/Chicago scene. We were very sad to see Power Airsoft Waukegan go away.

12. Gh0st_0X

Gh0st_0X New Member

Des Plaines
    Seems you guys know your stuff. I would love to help with a more permanent kind of field anyway I possibly could. We really need to expand the scene in our state. I’m sure lots of people would be interested in a new field if it was marketed correctly. I believe that the Airsoft communities biggest downfall is the lack of communication and unity. It’s all pretty separated and still a bit in the Stone Age. If we were able to bring everyone together with clear and updated websites and better overall communication, I’m sure Airsoft would grow a lot.

I used to got to Waukegan all the time! So sad to see it go. I’m curious as to what happened