would i be able to bring my custom airsoft glasses/helmet to a feild?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by RWS3, Nov 24, 2021.

1. RWS3

RWS3 New Member

Groesbeck
    I made a full face helmet with avs foam and a tinted plastic face shield. i have tested it with my LMG at point blank and it easily takes multiple shots to the face shield without a scratch. would i be allowed to wear it to a feild do you think?

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Most commercially insured fields will not allow this.

But, you can ask a field owner if they will allow it.

3. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

A photo wouldn't hurt for us to evaluate.

Last Halloween I saw someone with a thin plastic, like paper plate thickness plastic scream mask with thin mesh glued on the back of the eye holes. I know 100% it wasn't bb proof. Honestly a full auto burst would have taken it off his face.

Custom masks need to be approved by the field. It would need to look and be bb proof. Some places require no gaps, some allow safety glasses with a strap.

And expect some cheater shooting .36 at 380fps to shoot your custom mask, not your field legal gun.

Most eye cover is rated for a good reason.
    I've been shot by guns that bruise through my metal face mesh.

In my opinion it's best to use proper PPE when it comes to the eyes and teeth.

RWS3 likes this.
  4. Graybeard

Graybeard Active Member

Silver Spring
    I use to use mesh goggles over my glasses. I would find BB parts inside the goggles after most games. I stopped because of that. I was lucky to be wearing glasses anyway. Since then, that arena changed their rules to say no mesh goggles….

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Mesh goggle are only "okay" for Japan/Korea bb speed limits. Those things were never made to take hits at EU/USA/Other parts of the world speed levels.

Sadly the "ignorant" distributors let these masks out into the wild...