Would this Gear box work in my VFC M16??

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by A_Hamburgler, Jul 19, 2012.

1. A_Hamburgler

A_Hamburgler New Member

Ok so i want to get this gear box and this motor but would they work in my gun?? Also the gear box says AIM Lipoly Ready but i dont have a lipoly battery so would i be able to use a NIMH battery in it??

2. llvllaRk13

llvllaRk13 Member

VFC m4s use v2 gearboxs, so yes that one will work. Also any long type motor will work as well. Yes a nimh battery will be fine.

3. kwalovaa

kwalovaa New Member

For that price maybe a little more get a Lonex gearbox because AIM kinda sucks

4. A_Hamburgler

A_Hamburgler New Member

Thanks for the replys. I have 2 more questions. Would i be able to use .25 bbs in my gun or are they too big?? My battery is a 9.6 4200 mah large type would that be able to run this setup??

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  5. Njnewland

Njnewland New Member Lifetime Supporter

Cherryville
    +1 to the lonex GB.
    I would use at LEAST .30 gram BBs.

Also, with that motor and spring, you will need a powerful battery. That 9.6v MIGHT pull if, but it won't last too long.
    If you must have an m160 spring, I suggest a different motor. I'd look into buying a lonex red orange, or a JG blue. All would work great.

6. A_Hamburgler

A_Hamburgler New Member

Evike is sold out on a lot Of things. What's a good site? Also what is bad about the gearbox I want??

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  7. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
  8. S0m3_0n3

S0m3_0n3 Member

why do you want such a big spring? are you going for a dmr build? that's why they were suggesting a better motor, also aren't springs labled "sp measured with a 0.25 bb?

9. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

We really can't give appropriate feedback because we aren't sure what your goals are.

10. A_Hamburgler

A_Hamburgler New Member

I just want to know if that motor can handle that gearbox. I also want to know what spring shoots more fps An sp160 or a m170sp.