writing airsoft safety/rules articel

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by stroop66, Nov 4, 2012.

1. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Hey guys I'm working for this company called automaticairsoft.com and I'm writing blog posts for them but there really long. They want me to write one on safety/rules like calling hits and stuff. Can I get input on what I should include in it. A lot of newer players look at it. So I want to make it good!

2. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

3. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    It would be a lot easier if you were to come up with some basic rules that you know now and then the our community help you revise and add on to it instead of us doing it all for you.

4. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    +1 do this. To make it easy make an outline like you would for an essay. Make a few subcategories like this:

•Face mask
    •Calling Hits
    •Respawn
    •Engagement Distance

Then and details you can expand on such as

•Facemask
    -Mesh
    -Full face
    Etc.

This will make the process much easier, faster, and better for those who read it to understand because it is organized.

5. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Let us not forget FPS limits.

6. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Safety is pretty generall and standard across the board but Rules vary from field to field along with FPS limits.

Take a look at my local fields rule page for ideas
    http://www.blackopsairsoft.net/rules.php

7. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Well I'm not asking for you guys to do all the work. I'm asking on stuff non general. Stuff that you learn later on not, oh wear goggles. I know what I'm going to do, and I didn't need to ask you. But I did so dont thread crap or you will get reported.

8. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    But you did not state any of this before how were we suppose to know? You also did not post what you do know already so that we can revise it for you.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  9. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    As a current college student, it is acceptable to qoute someone else's work provided you give them credit for it. In the case of your blog, you could do this a few ways.

1] You could quote or paraphrase the material then add an in-text citation like this (name of person you are quoting or paraphrasing) then add a link to their name to link to the information you are quoting or paraphrasing.

2] You could use footnotes, state the information then add (1) or (a) or something like this. At the bottom of the page, you would have the same symbol that links to the information to which you are referring.

Otherwise, look around the site and you'll find tons of information you can use. Hope this is helpful in some way.

10. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Gotta love APA and MLA

I'd like to see something about the "Courtesy Bang Rule", the fact that it's a courtesy, not necessarily a rule.
    Of course mention the honor in the sport.

11. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Yes, University of Phoenix uses APA style; unfortunately, even after three years of attendance, I find people that have no clue how to properly cite their material. Worse yet, some of them don't care, one guy just submitted a paper with a 60% plagiarism rating. Really!?

12. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Just because you read something from a site doesnt mean its stealing it from them. If you are quoting it exactly then you need to cite it but if your putting it into your own words your good.
    As far as what to add, we dont know what you currently have so we dont know what you need to add. Upload what you have and we can help but until then saying full seal goggles and full face under 18 doesnt mean we are thread craping.
    FPS limits
    Rules of engagement distances (safety kills, min distance for snipers or full auto)
    allowed weapons (sniper, LMG, box mags on an M4)
    getting hit (respawn rules, medic rules, how many lives per game)
    depending on the field if there are 2 level buildings are they accessible, can you crawl on the ground, can you move structures?
    what game types will be played there?
    there is alot that needs to be covered and not knowing what you currently have, we cant help you