WTB AEG Parts

Discussion in 'Parts and Accessories Classifieds' started by BeansOnToast, Jan 14, 2021 at 2:46 AM.

1. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Member

Seattle
    Looking for parts lightly used/like new/new

My wanted parts list
    -Gate titan v2 would be great, basic or advanced
    -High speed piston head
    -High torque motor (ASG high torque, SHS high torque, maybe a Tienly.)
    -12:1 gearset
    -Maxx models trigger

I'd be surprised if any of you have these but...
    -Tekken 80rd mags
    -Airtech Studios KWA tanker stock battery extension
    -4 slot mlok rail sections

Offer anything else you think I'd be interested in. Thanks for checking this out though!

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    No such thing as a HS Piston Head, really.

For the Piston Head, polymer (POM, PC or other?) or aluminum?
    HT motor is subjective...rather what do you want to do with it. Long or Short?
    I have VFC 5 Slot Rail sections - New in pack, 3 per pack.

With a Tienly you can go 16:1 to one with a 30K model. IT will still pull a M210, yet has a high top for RPS

3. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Member

Seattle
    Sorry, a POM head.

For the VFC ones I'm good, magpul makes one and one is all I need

The Tienly, on a 16:1 would it get me the high speed I'm looking for?

4. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    What is the "high" speed you are looking for?

5. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Member

Seattle
    Around 35 rps. Also the motor is a long type

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Do you really need 35 rps?

Going HT and Speed gears will not give you a high ROF in a SSG.

You would need to go speed gears and a speed motor to get a SSG to hit that speed or go DSG with speedy HT motor.

7. Jimps

Jimps Member

Augusta
    Yea, I have a build- Gate titan, 12:1 short stroked 3 teeth, HT 22tpa 22k motor, 11.1v lipo, M120..... I get 24RPS max with a High C battery. Not close to 35RPS.

8. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Member

Seattle
    lol, guess I'm an idiot, what about trigger response? Is that high torque motor and high speed gears?

9. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Really? I have a 45K on a 18:1 at 393fps and I get 25rps on a "2S" LIPO.

This shows that increasing motor speed (Doubling in this case) is an easy option of upping ROF without cracking open your mechbox to change gears or needing a higher voltage battery.

Yes, your setup is more in tune with trigger response...but do you really know what you are looking for in trigger response? For that same setup with HS motor and stock gears also has "trigger" response.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021 at 2:10 PM
  10. Jimps

Jimps Member

Augusta
    Yes, that will yield great trigger response. Remember, trigger response means- the time in between trigger pull and gear cycle. You can have great trigger response and still not shoot fast in semi. I have a 32 TPA 12:1 build as well. Trigger response is like 20ms or something crazy. ITS SLOW IN SEMI. People think good trigger response means shoots fast in semi. Not necessarily true all the time.

11. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Member

Hamilton
    How does it cycle quickly and not allow you to shoot fast in semi? That does not make sense.

12. Jimps

Jimps Member

Augusta
    I can shoot 8 RPS in binary mode with 32 TPA motor with around 20ms TR, If I put the lower torque higher speed 22TPA motor I can shoot around 13 RPS in binary but only have 40ms TR.

I personally cant tell the difference between 20ms and 40ms trigger response.
    A high torque motor can reach its top speed, usually around 18-25k RPM, quicker than a high speed motor can reach that same speed. So one trigger pull is going to be a faster cycle with a High torque than high speed. When spamming semi-auto, by the 3rd trigger pull the high speed motor is at a speed faster than the High torque motor. Get it?
    (I am speaking of the motors I have used and tested. ZCI, SHS, ASG)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021 at 5:10 PM
  13. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Member

Seattle
    Not looking for instant dsg trigger response, just want to speed up the cycle speed. I don't know how to measure snappiness.

14. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Member

Seattle
    So the motor I'm really looking for is a straight down the middle torque speed mix with a leaning towards speed

15. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    Just gogo 50rps build and then get the crappiest bbs you can find. Effectively a shotgun. Just aim in the general direction and BZZZZT

16. Jimps

Jimps Member

Augusta
    Yea 30-35k 16 TPA balanced motor on 16:1 would be pretty snappy, and pretty fast. You also have to consider the FPS you want to be at as well. One of my favorite builds was 13:1 and the SHS 18TPA motor with gate titan set on pre-cock. You will never want to shoot a stock gun again. You might need to short stroke the sector and use a m120. Someone can correct me on that though. All my guns use 22+ TPA motors now. They are more efficient and don't get as hot.

17. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Your leaving some factors out and you are making a generalization that can't be immediately measured. That statement should be prefaced with "it depends" and not as a consensus overall fact statement. For I know some HT motors that take more "effort" to spin up and would get spanked by some HS motors that also has some sizeable ability and could be classified as a Torque motor, but its screaming at 40K RPM on 9V.

18. Jimps

Jimps Member

Augusta
    Makes sense, but will that 45k motor spank the HT with 12:1 and M130/M150?
    There are 1000s of combinations possible when building guns. I speak of my experiences.
    Guy asked me why one was faster than the other. That was the case in my scenario.
    (I went and clarified my post from earlier)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021 at 5:13 PM
  19. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    "faster" is completely subjective. A fast motor might not be fast when you tell it to pull a heavy spring. Gear ratio affects everything as well. With motors, there is no "fast" its a complete package of motor+gear-ratio+load. This goes for vehicles, drills, and everything else that uses a motor as well.
    The HT setup will likely have better trigger response but lower cycle speed than the 45k but Guges would know better than myself. Tienly motors are pretty beast and ive had a tienly 40k from Guges in the past that was pretty dang snappy with stock gears and an m120.

20. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Member

Seattle
    If I do end up pulling an m120 its with a few teeth bumped. The closest cqb field allows 330fps max.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021 at 10:07 PM