[WTB] Metal body ofr AK47

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Automobilie, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Automobilie

Automobilie Active Member

Looking to upgrade an AK of mine with a better body. CYMA, JG, etc. should all be compatible with it. If you also have a metal front sight block that'd be even better!

[​IMG]

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Not necessarily true...who made your original body?
    In this day and age of Airsoft. Items are LESS compatible over more compatible.

3. Automobilie

Should be a CYMA receiver. The front end is a 3D print.

Compatible as in "Compatible enough". Probably have a little dremel/filler work to do.

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Is your current Receiver VFC type or TM Type?

The RS bodies (E&L, Arcturus, Meister...)..not even going to work...

5. Automobilie

TM, there's some new ones for $40, but these used to be $20 a few years ago. Now I think most AK's are either metal AKM's or plastic 47's.

6. Dead_Christmas

Dead_Christmas Active Member

Zimmerman
    Do you know who OEM'd the one you currently have?

Are you looking for someone looking to hand off a metal receiver/front end for a Marui 47 for 20$ ?

7. Automobilie

A CYMA or JG metal body with a front end would obviously be worth more than $20, but the receiver itself used to be under $40 for replacement stock pot-metal ones.

8. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    So you're looking for a *receiver* for 20$ or less?

9. Automobilie

~$30 shipped, if the front end is there then a bit more.

Like I said, new ones are about $40 and I can combine it with another order. There's a couple G&P kits with a lot of the smaller parts included for $65 that might be worth it if I can't track down a receiver for a good deal.

Had a guy on Hopup try and charge $50+shipping for a used used one when they're now $40 new...

https://www.evike.com/products/27853/

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  10. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    Is your gun from a Chinese manufacturer? If that's right, then just the smaller G&P hardware would certainly be worth testing the quality water of their components with.

FWIW, aside from the LCT parts, which I don't think even use the TM body system, I'd do my best to grab up TM's originally steel components, then get everything else from G&P. I suppose that'd be my dream AK-47 using the TM body.

Be wary of trying to pull any parts for use in a 47, from a Beta/Spetsnaz variant. Everything's just a bit shorter, and it's easy to miss that until you learn the hard way.

11. Automobilie

Did some searching and the G&P's are actually out of stock at the moment (or REALLY expensive, like buy a used gun to pilfer expensive). :/
    People end up with boneyard AK's with metal bodies, but they don't list them very often.

12. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    I looked around and couldn't find anything for less than an outrageous total price. I'd keep an eye out for a completed or boneyard G&P AK-47, or a metal CYMA/JG. Wish there was something more I could do to help.

Having discovered that the G&P parts are out of stock except for the body and steel end-cap components, I'd just get a CYMA/JG, and wait to see if I still want a G&P AK47 when one shows itself. Your original path was the best.

13. Automobilie

Thanks, I appreciate that!

14. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    You know what, I think I gave away all my TM AK's, but I might have one left in my crawlspace. I'll take a look down there after everybody wakes up in a few hours.

Edit: Negative, nothing left.

Automobilie likes this.
  15. Zach W

Zach W New Member

Nederland
    I’ve got this shell that I believe is CYMA.

Attached Files:

16. Automobilie

Thanks for checking Dead_Christmas!

Zach, is the receiver metal or ABS?

17. Zach W

Zach W New Member

Nederland
  18. Automobilie

Those two parts right there are metal as well? There's a scuff on the receiver, but it looks like ABS underneath.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  19. Zach W

Zach W New Member

Nederland
    I don’t think it is abs, but there is a layer of plastic there.

20. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    One way to tell for sure. If you separate the front end assembly from the lower receiver by removing the four screws. If there's hex washers inside of where those screws thread into, it's a plastic receiver and front end.