WV,KY,OH, Military Sim.

Discussion in 'West Virginia Airsoft Forum' started by VenomousVideoz, Oct 21, 2012.

1. VenomousVideoz

VenomousVideoz New Member

West Hamlin
    A mil sim team is in the works and we were wondering if there are any more out there or potential mil sim teams.

2. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    Yah were in ky and were intested.

3. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

My team is sorta milsim, here in WV-MilSim isn't a very defined word. :p

4. VenomousVideoz

West Hamlin
    Uh it's self defined, Military Simulation. It's just not very many people do it. Trying to get it more popular. For anyone who doesn't know what it is, in a nutshell it's usually two team and each team has a base load out (ex: U.S. Army would be ACU camo fatigues with Army issue rifles like M4s and let's say they're facing Taliban forces they'd have shemaghs and turbans with not to "tactical" AKs.) The magazines used in milsim are low caps typically 30 rounds. Also milsim is more fun with and objective rather simple force on force (ex: say the Taliban has acquired a nuclear war head. The U.S. Army team would have to find it and secure it, maybe defuse it.) Milsim varies but that's a nutshell explanation.

5. TheAirsoftTech

I know very well what it is, here in WV, MilSim doesn't have as strict guidelines as it does everywhere else. It's sorta like a vernacular, here it is a bit different than other places.

6. VenomousVideoz

West Hamlin
    Not if you are playing real milsim.

7. TheAirsoftTech

Agreed, I wish MilSim here WAS real.

But, my team's load-outs do correspond, we have matching camo, matching gear, ect. Just not matching guns. Most of our guns take m4 mags to be shared, though.

8. VenomousVideoz

West Hamlin
    You wish milsim was real? What do you mean? Anyway your guns don't have to match identical but if your gear is like U.S. Army as long as it's like U.S. Issue you're fine (ex: M4s, Scars, ACRs) Yes Scars are from Belgium but the U.S. Army does use them.

9. TheAirsoftTech

What I mean by that is, I went to a MilSim game here in WV: it was fun but wasn't realistic, some people just wore shorts and t-shirts and had high caps. While my buddy and I had all low caps, and realistic load-outs. MilSim in other places is very realistic, like OP Irene and many others like American Milsim.

My team is more of mercenary type load-outs: we use G36's, P90's, and M4's.

10. VenomousVideoz

West Hamlin
    Then that wasn't a milsim game it was a regular meet up and you guys got the short end of the stick being told it was a milsim game and also real milsim games tend to be either a specific military, branch, or unit, (ex: U.S. Military, Army, Delta (or another special force unit).

11. TheAirsoftTech

Yes, it definitely wasn't a real MilSim, but it was also a free game; so I couldn't truly complain. It was a fun game, though.

What load-outs do you and your team run?

12. VenomousVideoz

West Hamlin
    Well the official team is still in debate but it looks like U.S. Marine style kinda MARSOC like MarPat camo, M4, M16 style rifles mostly, still a lot of stuff in debate.

13. VenomousVideoz

West Hamlin
    What part of KY? And how many members?

14. THE_ELIMANATOR

Hebron
    Northern ky close to cincinnati

15. VenomousVideoz

West Hamlin
    Sounds like you're around 3 hours away. Not bad if we have big meets.

16. THE_ELIMANATOR

Hebron
    Yah its not too bad especialy how my mom drives we would be there in about 1hour and a half.

17. scarecrow1

scarecrow1 New Member

Hi I'm Evan, I'm a co founder of shadow force we are a serious, advanced and training milsim unit. We are operation based based if interested in a operation or match message me thanks.

18. VenomousVideoz

West Hamlin
    Operation based? What do you mean and how old are you guys?

19. scarecrow1

scarecrow1 New Member

20 17 18, we do everything operation based on an advanced level. We pick two days and in between those two days your team needs to build a camp and secure it, and in between those two days (day and night) we come at a unknown time, there would be an objective like hostage rescue, high valued, target, defuse bomb, intelligence, or anti insurgencies. You when by killing us or by stopping us from the objective, we win by getting the objective and heading for extract

20. scarecrow1

scarecrow1 New Member

Win not when my bad, win by killing us or stopping us