WWII Loadout

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by llbb010, Jul 19, 2012.

1. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

I have the helmet and jacket and I might get a tommy gun but other than that I have no idea what to get. Please post pics and links if you can!

2. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

Thanks. I will check out the links in a sec. Anyway I have a surplus helmet that is WWII style (I know the actual name but I can't remember right now) and I have my grandfathers jacket that is just all green idk the exact war it was worn in. He was in the army though.

3. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
  4. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

Awesome stuff! I promise I will post pictures tomorrow when I have some light. Anyway I don't need an exact loadout I just need something my friends 13-16 will think is WWII style. Like I was thinking, jacket, pants, whatever WWII infantrymen use to hold mags and stuff, boots, helmet, and some goggles (I guess just my flakjaks.). Anyway yeah I wanna be an infantryman.

Here is the exact link to where my grandmother got the helmet for me from. http://www.visionforum.com/browse/product/wwii-style-helmet/?cid=1161 Btw this is a cool website if you have a son.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  5. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    First, don't call the Thompson submachine gun a "Tommy gun". It's military designation is the M1A1. The M1928 is the well know submachine gun that was used in the St. Valentine's day massacre.

Second, If you're looking to do a WWII impression, look into Ospray publishing "Men-at-Arms" ETO or PTO. Great starting point.

6. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

Oh sorry. I call the gun both. And thanks but if you read the posts before yours I said that I am only looking for a decent loadout to pass a 12-15 year olds description of WWII US Infantryman

7. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Sorry, I can get carried away and a little impassioned with all things WWII.

8. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

Yeah I understand. My mom called my M4 and AK47... I wasn't happy about that haha.

Here's the pic that I promised!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  9. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    You could pass that as a WWII jacket. How old is your grandpa? If hes under 80 its probly korean or vietnam era. Cant tell though. Now you need pants, boots, and gear.

10. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

Yep! I think he is in his 60s. Do you think I could wear a cheap pair of jungle boots?

11. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    If your going for a Nam loadout. My grandfather was in Nam and used a Thompson. Here he is posing fo da camera.

Attached Files:

12. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

Wow that's an awesome picture! Sure I'd do a load out like that! I just need boots, pants, and a tiny bit of gear, and a helmet cover.

13. The Fox

The Fox New Member

A little village in Europe
    May I ask one thing? That you do not use that jacket.

Buy a repro and dont damage your grandfathers original in an airsoft game. I cannot make you, but still, Its an original jacket, it should be kept as a collectors items(wich it will definitly be at some point).