Airsoft Forum banner

Which one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying my first tracer.
I like all of the features of the Xcortech X3300W, with the PEQ box that has the screen to tell you your FPS, ROF, round counter, etc.
I see that Acetech has the i-Tracer, which seems almost identical.
Does anyone here have any experience with either?

Any comments about either model are greatly appreciated.

Also, has anyone used these or other tracers with rechargeable AAA's? How well do they perform with rechargeables?

Thanks!

· Premium Member
1,230 Posts
To my knowledge the Acetech is a clone of the Xcortech - with a couple improvements. The Xcortech has a very basic 7 segment display while the Acetech has an OLED which allows it to display a bit more info. I think the Acetech can also display Joules which I don't recall the xcortech being able to do? Can't speak to battery life of the tracers although if I had to guess between the PEQs I'd suspect the xcortech would have an advantage due to the display being so simple.

xcortech
Automotive lighting Font Cable Auto part Machine

acetech
Font Camera accessory Technology Electronic device Auto part

Do you have a use case where the PEQ box display makes sense vs having a standard tracer unit?

· Premium Member
810 Posts
I used to have an Acetech, just like the one pictured. The only problems I can think of are how bulky the cans are and trying to fit the "mosfet" into the battery compartment. But for someone who wants both a tracer and chronograph it works.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up buying the Acetech. I've used the whole setup, for the last couple weekends and it has all performed great.
The round count feature works great and is very handy, with keeping track of when you should reload.
I've been running Energizer rechargeables in both the tracer and display box. Rechargeable is definitely the way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts