XCR version 1?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by ZombieKiller_308, Sep 3, 2012.

1. ZombieKiller_308

ZombieKiller_308 New Member

I am currently thinking about picking up and Echo 1 XCR(ver.1) Has anyone ran into any major problems with the gun?

2. ld513

ld513 New Member

Cincinnati
    Talk to Alex. He has one and is a good tech who should be able to let you know how well put together the internals are.

3. ZombieKiller_308

Who is Alex? (20 characters)

4. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

alex is a member. Private message him or tell him to respond to this thread.

5. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    He's a tech on this form one, a good one, just send him a message about what you wanna know, like Id said he has experience with the gun and can give you the best information on it

6. ld513

ld513 New Member

Cincinnati
    If you really want to know and you can't get him to respond here (he's becoming less and less active from what I see) then make an ASM account and PM him there.

7. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I just sent Alex a pm about this thread so he should see it soon.

8. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    i'm still around... LoL

only problem with XCR is the common where to place the battery. i'm not a fan of PEQ's. it runs fine stock. AOE with stock piston is good, but needs to be adjusted with aftermarket pistons. the gun itself is very durable. my son dropped it, hit barriers, ran into wooden walls and smashed into other aeg's with it. no physical damage to it.

running 16awg can get tricky. i found an expensive (pvc)16awg that is about as thick as 18awg. mosfets will fit inside the top receiver, but be carefull when closing it. edges on receivers are sharp enough to tear the wiring (but not dangerously sharp).

evike has a good selection of spare parts. i replaced the folding stock with a buffer tube adapter. i have it wired to a crane stock.

9. ZombieKiller_308

Ok cool. Thanks. I appriciate it.