Your first game

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by hasmeen, Nov 20, 2012.

1. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    What did you expect the first time you played ?
    Who got you to play?
    What did you wear?
    What gun and eye protection did you use?
    Where did you play?

I had a bf at the time who wouldn't stop talking about it. It sounded kind of silly to me at first running around with fake guns getting shot ?!? Like really!?! Dint sound like my cup of tea well the whole getting shot part.
    I have been shooting real guns since I was about 7 or 8 and I really liked it so I thought okay ill give it a shot.
    I got some cheap Walmart camo pants and I put on my pink running shoes and my black and my black and brown striped hoody. He letme borrow a paintball mask (that kept getting fogged) and he gave me an AKs , he told me that if I liked the game I could keep it as my first gun.
    They let me use a wrap around protectant vest so that It dint hurt to bad and I was off. The game was a backyard game and it was awesome!! I got the first kill of the game and I was hooked played every weekend after that . :p

2. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    Great to see females in the sport.

I got into Airsoft literally a couple months ago. Saw an advert for nerf guns (yeah, figure xD) and thought it'd be cool to get a cheap lil BB gun to mess about with in the yard. Stumbled upon a whole new hobby lol

First game was in woodlands, massive field it was. Had paintballed before so I kind of knew the drill, done a bit of research so was well prepared. When I got there, was greeted by ALOT of Milsim type players. Many of the dudes had proper authentic like loadouts, which was cool. It was a little intimidating at first, I went with my cousin and we were the only coloured (I'm Bangladeshi) people there, but very quickly I was relieved to know that that was not going to be an issue. Everyone was real cool, teams were assigned and communication was great among my particular team.

I had used my CYMA Aks74u beefed up with loads of upgrades internally and externally, wearing a woodland dpm suit, berret on the head, ballistic shades, chest rig, fingerless padded gloves, 1 point sling and a pair of timberland boots. Yeah I bought quite abit considering I hadn't even played 1 game yet lol

After that first experience, I knew this sport was for me....My wife was relieved all the money I spent on gear never went to waste as I actually enjoyed it lol

3. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    Nice I run an echo1 ak74u
    I have yet to to to a milsim event but I've gone to a few nice big games in TN for my birthday we went to GAvsSC best birthday by far!! And now I play every other Sunday in a local field. Everyone their is nice very welcoming. And I'm trying to start an all girls team lol
    I've came along way. Airsoft was not at all what i expected. It's the best sport ever !

4. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    My start into wargaming came as a fluke. A buddy and I were sitting in his basement and we had just bought a couple of new bb guns (yes, the ones that shoot the copper bbs) and he shot me with his gun, so I shot him back. We ended up taking up positions in the basement and going at it. We only pumped our guns one time, but that didn't stop the hurt.

Jump forward about twenty years and my friends and I were still playing with bb guns. A friend of one of our players had a friend who wanted to play, but he wanted to use an Airsoft gun, so we said ok. He showed up with a Tactical Force MP-5, a Firepower crossdraw vest, and a full-head paintball mask. Needless to say, he dominated for about 30 minutes then we got the better of him when his gun kept breaking down.

However, this opened our eyes to a whole new world and we've been playing with Airsoft guns ever since. We still allow bb guns for new players that can't afford an Airsoft gun, but once we get 'em hooked, they start saving up to get a better gun.

What made things even better is the guy that got us started in Airsoft also got me started in making custom tactical gear (if interested, check out my albums). The rest is, as they say, history.

5. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    My friend told me about it and it sounded like fun so I went to his house for a backyard battle. I had just bought a spring m14, and I wore some M81 woodland that my grandpa picked up for me at a base in California. Half of the match I didn't realize I was out of ammo, but I got a kill. I've been hooked since.

6. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    I came from a paintball background and I honestly expected it to be just like paintball. People just throwing rounds down range. I was greatly mistaken
    Who got you to play?
    I had owned cheap guns in the past but when my friend showed me his CA LWRC, i was hooked. I bought a G&G Silent Death and we went for the first time to teh local place and played.
    What did you wear?
    I had on Dickies and a hoodie (ill admit first time I was worried about getting hit and leaving marks)
    G&G Silent Death (m4) and a full face paintball mask
    Where did you play?
    Back yard for the first fun game and the first time with other players was The Citadel in Worcester, MA

7. zdog

zdog New Member

Depends how your playing in comps or just messin around write back

8. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    Well that sounds painful!!
    When it comes to pain I can't take it me and pain are not friends !!
    If anybody ever shot me with a copper pallet thy would be dead!! Just saying !! But that was a great story !

That's so funny !

Do you prefer paintball or airsoft ?

That is so funny!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  9. BlackJack

BlackJack New Member

Gettysburg
    It is, but ladies like hasmeen really are a rarity in the sport.

I have heard a few guys scream like little girls, but that doesn't count.

10. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    Sad but true!
    I'm trying to get more girls to play.
    I'd like to start an all girls team since last time I was in a team with another girl she had a crush on one of them and they hooked up but he dint like her so their was so much drama it was horrible so annoying . So I think if its just an all girls team it will be better well attest I hope :p

11. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    I had a buddy in paintball that invited me out to a woodsball match, I didn't have a gun. I did some research and found a gun that shot iddy bitty paintballs (6mm) never bought it. A few years later I got to lookn at them again to go play paintball, then I found youtube. o_O Airsoft seamed so freakn cool, so, I got with some friends and bought some spring, CO2, and EBB pistols. I bought some pretty pricey camo (esp. for a backyard match :D). After the first match I was hooked. My next purchase was my CYMA M14, the same guys I played with loved it so they bought better guns and we have been to multiple large matches since.

12. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    Nice how long have you been playing. ?

13. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    Been goin at it bout two 1/2 years now and still haven't figured out my role lol. I've been the DM, assault (M4), Medic (did this pretty good), am now going for support gunner :D. ( I am team cpt. also)

14. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    Nice when I played in Georgia and it was all woodland I was an awesome marksman but in Cali the environment is different so it's kind of like playing all over again

15. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    Yeah down here we have 3-4 fields with different terrain so our team trys to be pretty flexible with our gear. We are goin to first out to a place thats a pretty big sand pit, our local field is medowish, and in Houston is very foresty lol. Lots of fun though.

16. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    That's amazing I wish i had all those options here

17. koolaidman

koolaidman New Member

cheney
    It started for me in late 2008 when I saw airsoft on a show about military training, the show was covering some war games, and it showcased both airsoft and paintball. Half an hour after that, I had bought one online found a group and started playing. Been going ever since. Played my 1st game with a old super 9 (or 6, I don't remember) upgraded it, found that a good replica compensates for a whole lota skill, started buying Cqb weapons.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  18. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Hasmeen, we don't use pellets because they are made of lead. The copper bbs are .177 cal and at one pump, they hit as hard as a 6mm plastic bb from an Airsoft gun. A bb gun at one pump shoots at a average of 60 fps; however, the additional mass of the copper and its reduced impact zone allow it to hit with the equivalent force of an Airsoft round.

As for the pain, I didn't like it much at first either, who does? However, because of the way we play, I eventually got use to it and now it doesn't even phase me. When we fisrt started, we played like most Airsofters do today, one hit, you're out. However, that got to be monotonous and boring for those constantly sitting around waiting for a game to end. Therefore, we started a new way of playing. Hits no longer counted, players had to physically "tag" their opponents we called this capturing, and once captured, you became a member of the capturing team. This way you stayed in play and once captured, you turned on your old team and tried to capture them.

This has resulted in some interesting games; for example, if we started with 10 players, the teams would be 5 vs. 5. However, this could quickly become 9 vs. 1, and that turns into a manhunt, either that or the single player just gives up.

19. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London

I thought I'd be as good as 007; not to be.

I expected CQB, and instead I got field...but hey, I still loved it. I chose the wrong time to go as well, it was freezing..

Who got you to play?

I organised it myself, and then got my dad to drive me down (convinced him to play too). Originally saw some Scoutthedoggie videos on youtube and thought it looked really cool.

I can finally get myself to games now...damn UK laws...

What did you wear?

Woodland DPM combats and webbing. Had all the kit from being in the CCF at school. At least I didn't *look* like a noob

A rental JG G36, I actually really liked it...they're not bad guns. I'd bought some replica oakley goggles and an iron face specially for my first game...

Where did you play?

X-Site Airsoft. Pretty much an ex-paintball place that converted everything to airsoft.

20. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    I personally prefer field.