ZCI gears

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by boom_man56, Jun 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. boom_man56

boom_man56 New Member

Northville
    Hey guys wondering if zci gears will be strong enough for my dsg. Im going to be using the shs dsg and a m160 spring. Thanks :D

2. Sitting_Duck

Sitting_Duck Well-Known Member

NO - it is the bevel's little 10 teeth that break off on Core/ZCI sets
    2 sets now on 13:1 SSG gear sets and had to use a good old bevel gear afterwards
    I just don't trust their bevels now - smooth gears but weak bevel teeth imho

So no - get a SHS 18:1 or 16:1 gear set - you use std 18 or 16 gears for the shs dsg
    shs gears have got better after a few bad batches a year or so ago

3. boom_man56

boom_man56 New Member

Northville
    Ok thanks. std 18? :confused:

4. Sitting_Duck

Sitting_Duck Well-Known Member

the shs dsg is designed to work with almost any std 18:1 gears and shs 16:1 gears too
    some sets ranging from 16 to about 22:1 use the same type of sector gear, but change the spur or bevel gear to adjust ratio's

either stock gears but feel if you can get a shs 18:1 or 16:1 set
    some stock gears are quite robust for most builds but dsg will push it so get a shs set whilst you are about it really
    other crap stock gear sets in some boxes are made from an alloy or cheap crap metal and not treated - chipping orbadly meshing under stress
    (might as well be made from Dairylea Cheese some of them)

5. boom_man56

boom_man56 New Member

Northville
    Ok thanks. I was drawing a blank with the std but figured out what it meant lol.