Zeon hi capa requires two trigger pulls

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by EricT, Jun 4, 2015.

1. EricT

EricT New Member

Stockton
    I acquired a used hi capa in a big lot of stuff I bought from the classifieds. It is a all metal TM clone that was apparently sold as a Zeon or Z Gun a few years ago. It mostly works, but sometimes it doesn't fire when the trigger is pulled and requires either a second trigger pull or jiggling the hammer to get it to fire. It doesn't do it very consistently - sometimes I can fire an entire magazine without the issue and sometimes every shot requires a double pull. It doesn't seem to occur as much for the first ~10 shots after a magazine fill.

From looking at videos from KnucklesGSM and LaZouche, it looks like one fix is bending the right finger on the sear spring forward to put more pressure on the disconnector. The spring looked like it had already been bent, but I bent it some more, which seems to have helped somewhat, but the problem still exists. I also tried getting a new WE sear spring, but with that, the gun wouldn't fire at all (hammer stays locked back no matter how many times the trigger is pulled). Comparing the two springs, the right finger is shorter on the WE spring, and contacts the disconnector at the very base. After bending the right side of that spring, it will sometimes fire, but mostly doesn't.

I also took the hammer assembly apart, and cleaned and relubed it even though it didn't seem to be dirty without any improvement. Nothing looked terribly worn and the disconnector moves freely, but this is the first hi capa I've taken apart so who knows.

Any other suggestions of things to try? Thanks.

2. MP5User

MP5User Active Member

Westfield
    Sounds like the leaf spring should be your issue. Even though you've already tried, I would suggest a good spring instead of the WE, since the Z is a TM clone almost perfectly going with UAC or something may give you better results.

3. EricT

EricT New Member

Stockton
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

4. EricT

EricT New Member

Stockton
    I was in Los Angeles today and picked up a UAC spring at Evike but that works about as well as the WE spring did. While playing around with it, I noticed that it seems to release with one triggler pull almost every time if the slide is off and I cock the hammer manually, but has problems once the slide is in place and the slide cocks the hammer. I'm beginning to suspect that the aftermarket (I think) slide the previous owner installed isn't aligning properly with the disconnector and sometimes prevents it from rising up to the proper position. Hopefully I can find somebody to borrow a slide from because I don't have the original slide to experiment with.

5. EricT

EricT New Member

Stockton
    I always hate finding the same problem I'm having on a forum without a solution, so followup: the problem ended up being some rough surfaces/edges on the disconnector and sear that didn't allow them to slide freely past each other. Some quality time with 400 grit sandpaper and a polishing attachment on the dremel has everything working correctly again.