Zero in my Sniper

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Quickillahcolt, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Quickillahcolt

Quickillahcolt New Member

EAST TAUNTON
    Hey everyone.
    I just picked up my forst Airsoft sniper. Upon zeroing my scope i notice the bb,s always curve up amd off to the right no mayyer how i adjust the scope. My hop looks perfect. Im aiming about 200 yards out with .25. Any help?

2. 1tonne

1tonne Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    If the rifle is a Bar10 or VSR10 then the right hand curve is a trait of the hopup. Get the Action Army VSR10 hopup.

3. Quickillahcolt

EAST TAUNTON
  4. 1tonne

1tonne Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Oh. Not sure on that one.

5. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    200ft or 200yds?fairly sure you're mistaken.

.25 is pretty light .U sure there's no wind blowing?

6. Quickillahcolt

EAST TAUNTON
    Yeah i meant feet my bad.

Airsoft_Leviathan likes this.
  7. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    we're talking about the gen 1 striker, with the screw in the rail hop system, and it isn't the wind blowing the bb.

The barrel might be dirty. The barrel and packing may be canted slightly. The barrel isn't straight. The hop nub isn't giving equal pressure.

Have you taken your gun apart before? I'm not familiar with the striker insides,but I corrected my bar10 right hook by Sanding my hop arm nub which I printed.

Hope this sheds some light

8. Quickillahcolt

EAST TAUNTON
    Yes the Gen 1 and i will have to look into these things. And it was windy. But not much

9. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    .25 is not "long" range ammo. Minimum you need to be using a .28g.

And you need to clean your barrel first before shooting. Use a solvent and not an oil.

10. Quickillahcolt

EAST TAUNTON
    Thank you i will try that!!

11. 1tonne

1tonne Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Unfortunately the Striker has a very small cylinder and so it is not that great with heavy ammo. (Heavy being 0.36 or above).
    To be honest, it is not that great as a sniper rifle. Ares stuffed up in there design. For a long range sniper rifle you need a large cylinder. This give you more air to push heavy bb's.
    If you do use heavier bb's you can shorten the barrel to give the correct cylinder to barrel to bb weight ratio but you will find that you will need a massive spring to get the desired fps rating you want. A number of people do this but then they say the bolt pull in incredibly hard.
    Edji makes a cylinder kit for the Striker that gives it a much larger cylinder volume. It is worth saving and getting it if you are looking at real long range and you do not want to change to a vsr.

fred_ditto and -Spitfire- like this.