Zm51 sniper rifle

Discussion in 'Spring Powered Guns' started by Supersniper35, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Supersniper35

Supersniper35 New Member

It has outstanding fps and accuracy
    Should I get it

2. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Links to the gun please?

3. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Yes,Provide a link please.

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
  5. Supersniper35

Supersniper35 New Member

Search it an airrattle.com

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Nope, don't get this rifle. Especially if you want an effective sniper rifle platform.

The main reason I strongly advise you not to get it is because it uses proprietary parts. What that means is if you want to upgrade it to be a more effective gun... Well you just won't be able to.

I STRONGLY advise you to get an upgradeable rifle. So please, give us something to work with here.

I need a budget (preferably a large one) and I need to know whether you plan to put even more money into upgrades for the gun (that is usually the expensive part).

Again, click the link to my thread and read it. All of it. It will help you make your choice, both on what rifle to get and whether its even worth getting into the sniping role (its an expensive role).

I'm more then willing to help you here, but in order for that, you first need to help me by answering my questions.

7. Expendable

Expendable Active Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dallas
  8. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Ick,No do not get that.Save up and get a cheap aeg like a JG g36c!

9. sniperGman

sniperGman New Member

You should get that gun. It looks pretty good. In fact, I'm thinking about buying myself! Since its list price is $170.00, it would be pretty quality. Plus, it comes with a bipod and scope so you don't have to spend a bunch more money.

10. Expendable

Expendable Active Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dallas
    Did you not read the whole thread? The guns is ****. It shoots 415 fps with a .12 gram bb. That's about 320 with a .20 gram bb. That is WAY less than a JG M4. It'll last maybe a month if you're lucky.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  11. jon_wallace95

jon_wallace95 Well-Known Member

I really suggest you not get it...I was lured in by all the fancy promises, it's not that great, the accuracy at 20 yards is terrible, my spring crosman has better accuracy, save up and get a better gun, the scope it comes with is not a sniper scope, it is a red dot, the bipod is cheap plastic. When you buy it, the hop up bucking is too small and need to be replaced within a day, there are literally no upgrades for this gun unless you have a mill or a fabrication machine of some sort, it is impossible to open the bolt up to put in a new spring, the bolt breaks way too easy, after a week it came off and I had to fix it, it is still loose and takes extreme care to cock back, this gun does not deserve to be called a sniper rifle, non adjustable hop up, if you waste the money for a real scope for it, it won't be good, to get an accurate shot you have to be good at visualizing trajectories off the top of your head and aim down the side of the barrel. Don't believe me? Here's the proof:
    All hits are circled
    All hits that didn't break the paper are squared

If all of those first 3 targets didn't show you the lack of power and accuracy maybe this will:

Same distance, jg m4

The last 2 targets are the jg m4, all shots taken with .20g, first three targets were fired at 25 times, jg targets were fired at 60 times. The facts are in the pictures, the gun looks great and is great only if you plan on being 20 yards away from your enemy, who will more than likely be using a kwa, jg, ca, e1, or some other brand gun that will make you dislike airsoft because you made a poor choice, the only time, ONLY TIME, I use the cyma zm51 in a game, is as a scout rifle, where I run around with no gear on but a holster, pistol, and a speed loader, use my scope to identify targets, and relay info to team mates so they can light them up, I start a game with 25 rounds in mag and have never ended with less than 15 remaining, because with such limited firepower and range, there isn't much you can do with it. Don't get me wrong, it looks great and is fun to shoot, but if you want something you can take to a field, save, and get a jg bar-10

Attached Files:

12. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    And you obviously didn't read my reply to your thread about the M14 SOCOM spring 'sniper rifle'.

@OP, no. Don't get it.