Zombie Games

Discussion in 'Rules of Engagement' started by Asian, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Asian

Asian New Member

So I'm from a small town with the nearest airsoft field besides our local base of operation is located 2 hours away. Before joining this forum I've never heard of zombie games and have since became interested in the concept.

I understand the basic premise of the game, but since I've never heard of it or played it I would like to know everyone's opinion on how well or fun they typically turn out to be and also what kind of rules make it more fun and help keep it more easily regulated.

Example: I've heard of using silly string as zombie repellent which sounds like an awesome concept.

2. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    Here's how we typically do our zombie games...

We start with 3 teams.

Special Forces (typically no more than 20 operators)

Zombie Kings (5 players)

Civilians (remaining players)

Zombie Kings are invincible. They have metal plates (pizza pans or cookie sheets) on their chest (front and back).
    Hits to the metal plates will "stun" the zombie kings for 30 seconds. "Zombie Repellant" (silly string) sprayed on a "stunned" Zombie King will force them back to their base camp/respawn.

Special Forces are innoculated against Zombie venom, so when hit by a zombie, they must be medic'd by another Special Forces operator within 60 seconds or they go to their respawn.

Civilians shot by Zombie Kings (or other zombies) become zombies if not medic'd by the Special Forces within 60 seconds.
    If medic'd by Special Forces, they return to fighting as civilians. Once they become zombies, any hit from a civilian or SF player causes them to fall to the ground for 60 seconds. During that time, if someone sprays them with "Zombie Repellant", they immediately go to respawn and come back as a civilian.

We use red dead rags to denote a civilian turned into a zombie and white dead rags for all other "out" players.

We use all kinds of objectives within the game, like antidote formulas on some of the Zombie Kings that need to be collected to unlock the secrets of the silly string (preventing premature introduction of the antidote), varrious communication gear spread around the field that needs to be collected before calling in an air strike on the Zombie King base (to end the game), etc...

That's just a quick rundown of our typical scenario.
    Lots of fun and action...

3. Asian

Asian New Member

That's a lot more intricate than I thought. I thought that it was a simple infected style game, last man standing kinda deal. I like the metal plate armor idea so that it'll ring when it gets hit. This game could make for some good tactical practice having to coordinate and get everything and make sure citizens stay human. I LIKE IT!

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    These are anual games that draw a lot of players and can get pretty intricate as far as story lines and objectives.

They are always entertaining, challenging, and a lot of fun.

You don't know what adrenaline is until you have a chainsaw wielding Zombie King bearing down on your position (no blade on the chainsaw, of course).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJlmHKVsXKg&list=HL1331512341&feature=mh_lolz[/ame]

5. airsoftboss69

airsoftboss69 New Member

I would have to agree it is not every day you are fighting to survive